Friday, April 24, 2009

TV From April 21-23, 2009

Tuesday

REAPER: I missed the first half of this one because I was on the phone. Considering the likelihood of this show getting canceled, I'm trying not to be too invested in it anymore anyway. Still, the running subplots of Sam's half-brother and Ben's (hot) demon girlfriend getting pissed at both of them and each vowing revenge will be interesting to watch play out.

There was nothing on at nine, so I watched some poker tournament on one of the ESPNs.

THE UNUSUALS: I can't remember one thing that happened on this episode. It's like some sort of TV Alzheimers.

Wednesday

SCRUBS: Only two more episodes to go and then it's done. Pretty much the only funny stuff on this show comes out of Kelso and the Janitor these days. The rest just makes me think I'd be better off popping in a DVD of one of the first four seasons instead of watching the new episodes. On the upside, Elizabeth Banks returned in this episode. I know a lot of people don't like her character on the show, but I love Elizabeth Banks, so it's always nice to see her turn up.


BETTER OFF TED: This show is too funny to last.

There was no LOST, so I watched some poker tournament on one of the HD channels. I think it was Universal HD. I remember Don Cheadle, Jennifer Tilly, and Gabe Kaplan (Mr Kotter from WELCOME BACK KOTTER) were playing in it.

THE UNUSUALS: This episode had a guy wandering around the streets of NY acting like a zombie. So, really, nobody would've noticed him.

Thursday

PARKS AND RECREATION: Despite giving up on this about five minutes into last week's episode, I did watch the new episode this week. 100% because Alison Becker was going to be on it and I like her. I still like her, and I'm still not amused by the show. Again, Chris Pratt's character is the most amusing one on the show. Just not amusing enough for me to be a regular viewer.

THE OFFICE: This episode can pretty much be summed up by this picture...


A return to the status quo. That was quick. I'll miss the Charles character because he didn't like Jim. (A lot of viewers have come to really dislike Jim because he's become a total douche over the last season or two. I suppose I'm among them.) I remember some blog thinking Jim was going to get canned and have to go to the Michael Scott Paper Company, but I remembered that he had gotten chummy with the CFO, so I didn't see that happening. Sure enough, they actually showed that during this episode.

30 ROCK: I got a nice laugh out of Salma Hayeck in the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA t-shirt.


Other than that, it was a solid episode.

HARPER'S ISLAND: A slow episode this week. Only one death. I think this show's biggest weakness is there are so many characters, yet most of them are pretty clearly cannon fodder. I couldn't even tell you their character names or anything about them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment