I generally try to avoid talk about politics unless it pertains to their effect on technology (the internet) and entertainment (video games, movies). That makes life simpler, and avoids headaches. But I'm going to have to break that rule a tiny bit today. Don't worry, after this I'll go back to whining about the MPAA and RIAA and talking about how much HEROES sucks. This won't become a regular thing.
I'm absolutely baffled by this tea bag nonsense.
Put aside the obvious hilarity of the connotations of the phrase "tea bagging". Alright, go on, let's chuckle about it for a few seconds.
What I don't understand is that the majority of the people involved in these protests are ones that either aren't effected by the new taxes or are people making so little that they're getting a tax break. Again, the majority of the people involved in these protests are people who's taxes are *lower* than they were before. These poor to average income people are protesting that their taxes are going down and rich people's (who can afford it) taxes are going up. (By a measly three percentage points.)
The people who are making enough money that this is a negative thing for them are too busy hiding their money in offshore accounts to avoid taxes anyway. Believe me, I'm sure they're going to be just fine.
I get that roughly half the people in this country are disappointed that their chosen political party didn't win the election, but being against things just because the "other side" is for them is the height of stupidity. Anybody who blindly follows along with everything either party says or does, Republican or Democrats, is an idiot.
Of course, all of the tea bagging (HAHAHAH!!!) stuff isn't as scary as all of the nuts talking about armed revolt. The Democrats won an election for the first time in eight years, it's not like a spaceship landed and aliens have started blasting away marching us human germs off to death camps. Settle down.
In the end, I think we can all agree, no matter what our political beliefs, on one thing. Taxes suck.
I'm absolutely baffled by this tea bag nonsense.
Put aside the obvious hilarity of the connotations of the phrase "tea bagging". Alright, go on, let's chuckle about it for a few seconds.
What I don't understand is that the majority of the people involved in these protests are ones that either aren't effected by the new taxes or are people making so little that they're getting a tax break. Again, the majority of the people involved in these protests are people who's taxes are *lower* than they were before. These poor to average income people are protesting that their taxes are going down and rich people's (who can afford it) taxes are going up. (By a measly three percentage points.)
The people who are making enough money that this is a negative thing for them are too busy hiding their money in offshore accounts to avoid taxes anyway. Believe me, I'm sure they're going to be just fine.
I get that roughly half the people in this country are disappointed that their chosen political party didn't win the election, but being against things just because the "other side" is for them is the height of stupidity. Anybody who blindly follows along with everything either party says or does, Republican or Democrats, is an idiot.
Of course, all of the tea bagging (HAHAHAH!!!) stuff isn't as scary as all of the nuts talking about armed revolt. The Democrats won an election for the first time in eight years, it's not like a spaceship landed and aliens have started blasting away marching us human germs off to death camps. Settle down.
In the end, I think we can all agree, no matter what our political beliefs, on one thing. Taxes suck.
1 comments:
Amen!
Post a Comment