Before I post today's barrage of links, I have one message for the media: The Obamas' dog is not news. Seriously. It's just a dog.
Tech
With the news that one Congressman wants to ban download caps, everybody knows that if that mircale ever happened, the ISPs would most likely resort to throttling customers' net speeds. So ARS asks, Pick your poison: bandwidth caps or throttling?
Latest unsubstantiated claim: Twitter makes you immoral. I doubt Twitter will replace video games as the default scapegoat for clueless morons looking for an easy scapegoat to blame the activities of the dumb and deranged.
For the BSA, Somali pirates and software pirates are the same. Oh yeah, I can see how armed lunatics kidnapping, robbing, and hijacking, etc can equate with downloading Photoshop. Yeah, that's a sensible comparison. Pfft!
Leaked ACTA draft: more power to the RIAA. Is anybody surprised by this? At all? Yeah, me neither.
Entertainment
24 goes to New York City. I hope they bring that shark they went hurtling over on last night's episode with them. Seriously. What a stupid "twist".
Yup, it looks like THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES has been terminated. I guess one good episode couldn't make up for the rest of the season, which from what I've heard and partially witnessed, was about as interesting as watching a test pattern.
Good news RED DWARF fans, BACK TO EARTH: A ratings success! Of course, that's despite it not living up to what people were hoping for. RED DWARF smegs up its comeback. Hopefully this means more (and better) RED DWARF to come.
CAPRICA DVD leaks to BitTorrent. I haven't watched this myself, but the reviews seem to be mostly (read 99.9%) negative. I wasn't planning on watching the series, but had planned on probably giving the pilot at least a try.
Video Games
Microsoft owns up to "E74" 360 errors, expands warranty. Good news if your Xbox conks out on you with the second most popular error besides the RROD.
GTAIV: LOST AND DAMNED hits 1m sales. One of these days, I'll have to get the game again, except for Xbox 360 this time, just so I can try out LOST AND DAMNED. Sigh.
Tech
With the news that one Congressman wants to ban download caps, everybody knows that if that mircale ever happened, the ISPs would most likely resort to throttling customers' net speeds. So ARS asks, Pick your poison: bandwidth caps or throttling?
Latest unsubstantiated claim: Twitter makes you immoral. I doubt Twitter will replace video games as the default scapegoat for clueless morons looking for an easy scapegoat to blame the activities of the dumb and deranged.
For the BSA, Somali pirates and software pirates are the same. Oh yeah, I can see how armed lunatics kidnapping, robbing, and hijacking, etc can equate with downloading Photoshop. Yeah, that's a sensible comparison. Pfft!
Leaked ACTA draft: more power to the RIAA. Is anybody surprised by this? At all? Yeah, me neither.
Entertainment
24 goes to New York City. I hope they bring that shark they went hurtling over on last night's episode with them. Seriously. What a stupid "twist".
Yup, it looks like THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES has been terminated. I guess one good episode couldn't make up for the rest of the season, which from what I've heard and partially witnessed, was about as interesting as watching a test pattern.
Good news RED DWARF fans, BACK TO EARTH: A ratings success! Of course, that's despite it not living up to what people were hoping for. RED DWARF smegs up its comeback. Hopefully this means more (and better) RED DWARF to come.
CAPRICA DVD leaks to BitTorrent. I haven't watched this myself, but the reviews seem to be mostly (read 99.9%) negative. I wasn't planning on watching the series, but had planned on probably giving the pilot at least a try.
Video Games
Microsoft owns up to "E74" 360 errors, expands warranty. Good news if your Xbox conks out on you with the second most popular error besides the RROD.
GTAIV: LOST AND DAMNED hits 1m sales. One of these days, I'll have to get the game again, except for Xbox 360 this time, just so I can try out LOST AND DAMNED. Sigh.
0 comments:
Post a Comment