Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Links For 4-14-2009

The Ususal Stuff

Congressman: there should be a law against Internet caps! It's always odd to see a headline where a politician is saying something that's actually in the public interest. It's like seeing a dog walking on it's hind legs.

Government to banks: Why are you making predatory loans with taxpayer money? Did anybody *not* see this coming?

Obama taps 5th RIAA lawyer to Justice Dept. I'm reasonably sure this isn't the "change" that people voted for last November. I'm not sure where all the really scary gun nuts are coming from with the "Obama = socialism" talk. It's just that instead of cozying up to oil companies and private military corporations, Obama is in the pocket of the media corporations. New guy in office, same stuff.

Entertainment

FX plans direct-to-DVD special of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA. Expect to see more and more TV shows with direct to DVD specials in an attempt to drum up DVD sales.

STARLOG ceases print publication; will remain on Web. Wow, that's surprising. Not that STARLOG is going online only, after all, print is dead. No the surprise is that STARLOG is still around. I forgot all about it!

Zac Efron confirmed for JONNY QUEST, song and dance not likely. So, they want to remake JONNY QUEST, but not call it JOHNY QUEST. Well, I'm pretty sure casting one of those HIGH SCHOOL SINGSONG CRAP kids is a great way to make sure that people who would want to see a JONNY QUEST movie won't see the QUEST-but not-QUEST movie. I think I'd rather watch a TV test pattern than watch that mannequin try to act. Anyway, if you want to watch a good (parody) semi-remake of JQ, just watch THE VENTURE BROS. Actually, ol' Jonny even shows up in a few episodes.

SARAH CONNOR season finale ratings were flat. I doubt anybody expected a huge ratings jump for the soon to be cancelled show.

Porn star Marilyn Chambers dead at 56. Oddly enough, the only thing I've ever seen her in was the David Cronenberg movie she did (RABID) where she had rabies. And that wasn't even a porn.

Video Games

Destructoid has a look at the upcoming SILENT HILL remake. I may have to get this for the PS2. (Hopefully it'll play on my PS3.)

GRAND THEFT CHILDHOOD author talks violent games, school shootings. These pieces appear with alarming regularity, this time it's on the pro-game side. Personally, I've started trying to figure out what will be the next harmless thing that society blames for the bad behavior of people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment