Sunday, February 8, 2009

Links For 2-8-2009

I've been feeling sick and miserable all weekend. That didn't stop me from getting a little browsing in though, so here's some of the stuff I've stumbled across in my travels...

How to spot a Joss Whedon show. I know his obsessive fans don't like to read these sorts of things, but he certain does have some writing tics, doesn't he?

LEFT 4 DEAD, now in 3D. If using those stupid 3D glasses didn't irritate me so much for so little payout, I'd actually try this patch.

College males play violent video games, look at online porn. That might be the most obvious headline and research findings ever. Ever.

DEAD RISING 2? A viral video that started making the rounds on Friday that sure looks like a sneak peek at a sequel to the fun zombie game. I've been looking forward to a sequel since I beat the first DEAD RISING.

Is the 360's HDMI update causing red rings, days after expired warranty? I'm always terrified of the Xbox 360 just dying on it's own like so many that I've read about. It makes me nervous about getting games for it. My lucky it'll die the day I get a title I've waited a long time for, like RESIDENT EVIL 5, and then I'd curse myself out for not getting the game for the Playstation 3 instead. (Although, I did read about a hardware fix that you can do at home if you get that "Red Ring Of Death". So I'm slightly optimistic about not having to get another console if/when my 360 dies. Which is good, since forking out the dough for a new machine isn't in my budget right now, and it's well out of warranty.)

Pioneer reportedly ending TV production, spinning off DVD business. I've never owned a Pioneer TV, but they make excellent optical drives. (My old laserdisc player was a Pioneer, and the DVD burners in both my machines are Pioneer.)

Hacked sign warns 'The British R coming'. I found this funnier than the hacked highway signs warning of zombie outbreaks.

2 comments:

Equis said...

The Whedon link was on point and high-larious!

Mike said...

I enjoyed FIREFLY greatly, and to a lesser extent some of BUFFY. That having been said, he is a bit over-rated and the cult-like mentality of his very very very vocal fans is scary. That article really did nail his writing tics.

Post a Comment