That's Just... Just...
Bold-Faced Suspect. Amazing mug shot. I'd pay money just to see this guy on a job interview.
Business
Report: MPAA to Lay Off Over 10% of Work Force. In most of the big company layoffs I've read about recently, I feel some sympathy for the workers. In this case, not so much. Maybe some sympathy if there are people like the mail room workers or something, but overall the MPAA sucks so much that any sort of blow to them is hardly a bad thing.
New radio "pay to play" bills pit RIAA against broadcasters. This has come up before, but the RIAA is still going after radio stations for money when they're not going after regular people. Things sure have changed from the times when the record companies used to bribe radio stations to play their music.
Why internet companies and content companies should oppose broadband caps. It hurts the companies that offer product online and inconveniences the rest of us. Broadband caps are the 21st century equivilent of paying for the internet by the hour or minute like the early 90's.
Entertainment
Green alien infiltrators, call your agents now!. A look at the characters for the upcoming V remake. I wonder if any of the original cast will be brought back. It'd be nice, even if it's as different characters, like Richard Hatch on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
Video Games
Eurogamer notes racism in its Resident Evil 5 hands-on. Oh, not this again. After more than nine games (0-4, CODE VERONICA, UMBRELLA CHRONICLES, two OUTBREAK games, and I forget how many light gun and handheld versions) of shooting white zombies, when the story moves to take place in a predominantly black setting (Africa) the series is suddenly "racist"? Wouldn't it be more racist to have all of the zombies in Africa continue to be white? Or to not shoot black zombie because they're black? Scary undead monsters are scary undead monsters no matter what color they are.
Sony: 'We have to suffer a little'. In other words, don't hold out for a Playstation 3 price drop. Considering their drop to third place, I'm still chuckling whenever I think about the, "gamers will want to save their money and even get extra jobs to get a PS3" statement and mentality Sony had when they announced the price on the PS3 a few years ago.
Infinity Ward tweets MODERN WARFARE 2 deets. I have zero interest in games set during World War 2. (After the first dozen or so games set in that era, I was done.) So the next CALL OF DUTY being another modern setting game is great. I loved COD4.
Fanboys
I've been looking forward to FANBOYS for awhile now, after reading about it a few years ago. Last year, I saw the trailer, which looked pretty good. Then recently, OnDemand had some footage from the movie, and I thought that what I saw kind of sucked. I didn't laugh and instead I found myself wondering if maybe there was a good reason why this movie had sat on a shelf for so long. Now it's getting less than glowing reviews from the sorts of sites that one would expect would love this sort of movie...
Review: Fanboys Might Have Been Funny 'A Long Time Ago'
Fanboys Delivers the Best of Geekdom - and the Worst
I'm worried this is a case of what sounds like a fun concept and well-edited trailer not delivering. I hope I'm wrong.
Bold-Faced Suspect. Amazing mug shot. I'd pay money just to see this guy on a job interview.
Business
Report: MPAA to Lay Off Over 10% of Work Force. In most of the big company layoffs I've read about recently, I feel some sympathy for the workers. In this case, not so much. Maybe some sympathy if there are people like the mail room workers or something, but overall the MPAA sucks so much that any sort of blow to them is hardly a bad thing.
New radio "pay to play" bills pit RIAA against broadcasters. This has come up before, but the RIAA is still going after radio stations for money when they're not going after regular people. Things sure have changed from the times when the record companies used to bribe radio stations to play their music.
Why internet companies and content companies should oppose broadband caps. It hurts the companies that offer product online and inconveniences the rest of us. Broadband caps are the 21st century equivilent of paying for the internet by the hour or minute like the early 90's.
Entertainment
Green alien infiltrators, call your agents now!. A look at the characters for the upcoming V remake. I wonder if any of the original cast will be brought back. It'd be nice, even if it's as different characters, like Richard Hatch on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
Video Games
Eurogamer notes racism in its Resident Evil 5 hands-on. Oh, not this again. After more than nine games (0-4, CODE VERONICA, UMBRELLA CHRONICLES, two OUTBREAK games, and I forget how many light gun and handheld versions) of shooting white zombies, when the story moves to take place in a predominantly black setting (Africa) the series is suddenly "racist"? Wouldn't it be more racist to have all of the zombies in Africa continue to be white? Or to not shoot black zombie because they're black? Scary undead monsters are scary undead monsters no matter what color they are.
Sony: 'We have to suffer a little'. In other words, don't hold out for a Playstation 3 price drop. Considering their drop to third place, I'm still chuckling whenever I think about the, "gamers will want to save their money and even get extra jobs to get a PS3" statement and mentality Sony had when they announced the price on the PS3 a few years ago.
Infinity Ward tweets MODERN WARFARE 2 deets. I have zero interest in games set during World War 2. (After the first dozen or so games set in that era, I was done.) So the next CALL OF DUTY being another modern setting game is great. I loved COD4.
Fanboys
I've been looking forward to FANBOYS for awhile now, after reading about it a few years ago. Last year, I saw the trailer, which looked pretty good. Then recently, OnDemand had some footage from the movie, and I thought that what I saw kind of sucked. I didn't laugh and instead I found myself wondering if maybe there was a good reason why this movie had sat on a shelf for so long. Now it's getting less than glowing reviews from the sorts of sites that one would expect would love this sort of movie...
Review: Fanboys Might Have Been Funny 'A Long Time Ago'
Fanboys Delivers the Best of Geekdom - and the Worst
I'm worried this is a case of what sounds like a fun concept and well-edited trailer not delivering. I hope I'm wrong.
0 comments:
Post a Comment