Started feeling ill on Friday, and so far it shows no signs of letting up. I'm beginning to get a sore throat, which is probably the symptom of being sick that I hate the most. So I have a feeling this is going to be a long one. (On top of feeling like crap physically, I've been a bit depressed as well.)
Friday night's GALACTICA was awesome. I'm scared that next week's episode will be a boring episode, because there were two episodes in a row.
Clumsy oaf that I am, on Sunday afternoon, I managed to actually walk into a door and now I have a nice little (scabbing up) dent on the right side of my forehead. How I managed to do this in broad daylight is a mystery to me. This is one of the few times I wished I had a wife, so I could tell people that she beats me. Well, at least I know that I can take comfort in knowing that that door is pretty sturdy in the event of a home invasion.
Friday night's GALACTICA was awesome. I'm scared that next week's episode will be a boring episode, because there were two episodes in a row.
Clumsy oaf that I am, on Sunday afternoon, I managed to actually walk into a door and now I have a nice little (scabbing up) dent on the right side of my forehead. How I managed to do this in broad daylight is a mystery to me. This is one of the few times I wished I had a wife, so I could tell people that she beats me. Well, at least I know that I can take comfort in knowing that that door is pretty sturdy in the event of a home invasion.

Encore had a marathon of the Bond movies (from the Connery-era up until the two Dalton movies) in HD all weekend. Everytime I sat down to see which one was on, with the exception of GOLDFINGER, it was always one of the ones I already have on Blu-Ray. Despite that, I did watch some of the marathon.
I made an attempt over the weekend to watch the first two FRIDAY THE 13TH movies, since they were available in HD on OnDemand. I fell asleep during each one. I'm waiting for cable on the remake that's coming out soon.
I heard that the XIII mini-series finally aired over here over the weekend, which I didn't even know was going to happen. Coincidentally, on Sunday morning I downloaded scanned translations of a bunch of the graphic novels. The company that was printing it here in the US stopped after a few issues a few years ago (2005?). Despite digging the comics and the video game, I didn't bother with the mini-series. I briefly considered downloading it after reading that it had aired overseas, and then I figured a made for TV adaption of a video game would be an even worse abomination than one made for movie theaters.
I made an attempt over the weekend to watch the first two FRIDAY THE 13TH movies, since they were available in HD on OnDemand. I fell asleep during each one. I'm waiting for cable on the remake that's coming out soon.
I heard that the XIII mini-series finally aired over here over the weekend, which I didn't even know was going to happen. Coincidentally, on Sunday morning I downloaded scanned translations of a bunch of the graphic novels. The company that was printing it here in the US stopped after a few issues a few years ago (2005?). Despite digging the comics and the video game, I didn't bother with the mini-series. I briefly considered downloading it after reading that it had aired overseas, and then I figured a made for TV adaption of a video game would be an even worse abomination than one made for movie theaters.
5 comments:
The XIII Miniseries is actually fairly decent, even if Val Kilmer is in it.
I think you might be right about BSG. God forbid they keep the rollercoaster of emotions going all the way to the end.
Corey: Kilmer is hit or miss, but KISS KISS, BANG BANG was pretty good. Still, I can't imagine how good of a job they did distilling XIII down to a miniseries. Even the game could only cover a small fraction of the story. (Less than a third.)
EquisBuffy: I think that the writers find all of the crew sitting around crying and hand-wringing while they pontificate about religion more compelling than the audience does. In fact, I don't think they even realize when they write a dud or filler episode. So as amazing as watching all hell break lose was in the last few episodes, I fully expect to be lulled into a coma by an expository episode featuring Tigh's boring (even though she's a Cylon now) wife. On the other hand, while watching last week's episode, with all of the conflict within the fleet, I wondered where the non-rebel Cylons have been. What better time for them to strike? (Of course, that could've lead to a trite, "We have to put our differences aside to stop our common foe," resolution to the coup de'etat.)
I was thinking the same thing about the other cylons. I was just waiting for them to swoop in. That might have added to my anxiety attack.
It just seemed odd to me, that the "bad" Cylons seems to just give up on hunting down the remaining humans. So when I saw the preview for next week, it was like they read my mind.
Like I said, I'm glad they didn't go for the cliche and have them attack during the mutiny.
Post a Comment