Actual News
Senate approves bill to delay digital TV. Will somebody make up their damn mind already? Since it doesn't effect me, I don't care if they delay it or not. I just want to know when all of the commercials and news stories about the switch will finally go away.
Comcast screws up and targets innocent customer in P2P dragnet. A perfect example of the proposed "three strikes" rule being a bad idea.
USPS wants to cut back to five-day work week. So your mail can arrive even slower! Hurray!
Oddball & Amusing
From the Onion: Obama disappointed cabinet failed to understand his reference to 'SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN' #24. Jokes about the nerd in chief's hobby make me smile.
Breaking: Be on the lookout for this dangerous criminal. Most adorable criminal ever. (Even more amusing to me was that this is a news story from my area.)
Things I never ever ever needed to know about the guitarist from Pearl Jam: "Imagine the worst diarrhea you've ever had, and then times it by 10, with a knife in it". The story explains that once he crapped his pants onstage and kept playing. I can't erase this knowledge from my mind now. No. Just no. No no no.
Zombies attack Austin, Texas? Awesome. Sad and nerdy. But in an awesome way.
Movies & TV
It's official: SCRUBS to end this season. Wasn't this already pretty much a given? Considering that ABC has already rescued the show only to treat it just like NBC used to, the hope of it getting another season with a cast change seemed to go out the window. One less show. I did, however, learn something new from this article: "I had no idea that the janitor only spoke to J.D. the first season because he was originally supposed to be someone only J.D. could see." Neither did I.
Leaked G.I. JOE art suggests movie actually being made by 8-year-olds. Wow. I expected this movie to be a shitbomb, but man, this surpassed my low expectations. Sadly, I bet it makes dump trucks full of money.
ZACK AND MIRI MAKE A Plahblahblah. Censoring the title for Wal-Mart? Ugh. If you're the sort of person to get offended by the title alone, the content sure won't win you over. Not offended by this sort of thing? Me either. Help a brother out and pick up the movie on DVD or Blu-Ray through those links if you're gonna buy it.
Faye Dunaway tries to start cat fight: "Couldn’t they at least cast a real actress?". Nice dig! Maybe Faye can beat Hilary Duff with a wire coat hanger. In fact, that's pretty much the only way I could find myself giving anything resembling a damn about either one of them.
Masi Oka: How HEROES will try to win back the fans. I'll say it now, and probably go back on it later, if HEROES doesn't improve when it comes back then I'm done with it. I keep waiting for and expecting a LOST-style comeback, but I might be better off waiting for and expecting my kitchen sink to start dispensing gold coins instead of water.
Video Games
Shocker: PS3 will remain the most expensive console on the market. I'll give Sony this. No matter how poor their decision was about making the PS3 so expensive, they sure are sticking to it.
Wizard outs Marv Wolfman as new DC UNIVERSE ONLINE talent. Marv wrote some of the comics I've enjoyed the most in my lifetime and knows the DC incredibly well. (He should, considering he destroyed the old DC universe and created the new one back in CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS. Sadly, that story's been since undone.) If I were into MMORPGs I'd probably check this one out.
GEARS OF WAR shipped with DRM that shuts the game down after 01/28/09. This is an example of regular paying customers getting screwed by DRM, while people who pirated the game are able to enjoy it without any problem. DRM = bad.
Senate approves bill to delay digital TV. Will somebody make up their damn mind already? Since it doesn't effect me, I don't care if they delay it or not. I just want to know when all of the commercials and news stories about the switch will finally go away.
Comcast screws up and targets innocent customer in P2P dragnet. A perfect example of the proposed "three strikes" rule being a bad idea.
USPS wants to cut back to five-day work week. So your mail can arrive even slower! Hurray!
Oddball & Amusing
From the Onion: Obama disappointed cabinet failed to understand his reference to 'SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN' #24. Jokes about the nerd in chief's hobby make me smile.
Breaking: Be on the lookout for this dangerous criminal. Most adorable criminal ever. (Even more amusing to me was that this is a news story from my area.)
Things I never ever ever needed to know about the guitarist from Pearl Jam: "Imagine the worst diarrhea you've ever had, and then times it by 10, with a knife in it". The story explains that once he crapped his pants onstage and kept playing. I can't erase this knowledge from my mind now. No. Just no. No no no.
Zombies attack Austin, Texas? Awesome. Sad and nerdy. But in an awesome way.
Movies & TV
It's official: SCRUBS to end this season. Wasn't this already pretty much a given? Considering that ABC has already rescued the show only to treat it just like NBC used to, the hope of it getting another season with a cast change seemed to go out the window. One less show. I did, however, learn something new from this article: "I had no idea that the janitor only spoke to J.D. the first season because he was originally supposed to be someone only J.D. could see." Neither did I.
Leaked G.I. JOE art suggests movie actually being made by 8-year-olds. Wow. I expected this movie to be a shitbomb, but man, this surpassed my low expectations. Sadly, I bet it makes dump trucks full of money.
ZACK AND MIRI MAKE A Plahblahblah. Censoring the title for Wal-Mart? Ugh. If you're the sort of person to get offended by the title alone, the content sure won't win you over. Not offended by this sort of thing? Me either. Help a brother out and pick up the movie on DVD or Blu-Ray through those links if you're gonna buy it.
Faye Dunaway tries to start cat fight: "Couldn’t they at least cast a real actress?". Nice dig! Maybe Faye can beat Hilary Duff with a wire coat hanger. In fact, that's pretty much the only way I could find myself giving anything resembling a damn about either one of them.
Masi Oka: How HEROES will try to win back the fans. I'll say it now, and probably go back on it later, if HEROES doesn't improve when it comes back then I'm done with it. I keep waiting for and expecting a LOST-style comeback, but I might be better off waiting for and expecting my kitchen sink to start dispensing gold coins instead of water.
Video Games
Shocker: PS3 will remain the most expensive console on the market. I'll give Sony this. No matter how poor their decision was about making the PS3 so expensive, they sure are sticking to it.
Wizard outs Marv Wolfman as new DC UNIVERSE ONLINE talent. Marv wrote some of the comics I've enjoyed the most in my lifetime and knows the DC incredibly well. (He should, considering he destroyed the old DC universe and created the new one back in CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS. Sadly, that story's been since undone.) If I were into MMORPGs I'd probably check this one out.
GEARS OF WAR shipped with DRM that shuts the game down after 01/28/09. This is an example of regular paying customers getting screwed by DRM, while people who pirated the game are able to enjoy it without any problem. DRM = bad.
2 comments:
I currently play City of Heroes and I'm curious to not only try DC Universe Online myself but also to see how many CoH players drift over that way (and how many drift back once they learn they can't be Batman). Hearing that Marv Wolfman is providing content only makes me even more eager for DCUO to be released.
I'm definitely more interested in this game than in most of what DC are publishing these days. (Vertigo and Wildstorm imprints excluded, since I still follow a lot of those titles.) I've just never gotten into the MMORPG thing. (Remember when the rest of the gang were into EVERQUEST back in the Jnet days?)
Post a Comment