Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stalled And What I've Been Watching

Well.

My "return" is still stalled because, to be blunt, I just don't want to be a downer. I thought I was adjusting and then Friday the whole thing just hit me again, and I was so depressed that I just spent the late afternoon and most of the night blankly staring at the TV. Which, is actually pretty normal for me, except for the being depressed and not paying attention to what I'm watching. (The only thing I recall watching was that old Rodney Dangerfield movie, EASY MONEY. That actually cheered me up a little bit.)

Saturday...

We did a belated dinner (out) for my dad's birthday. His birthday was actually last Tuesday, but as you can imagine, nobody much felt like doing anything at that particular time.

After dinner I had to pick up some Diet Coke and got myself some slippers. Then I came home and watched the two most recent episodes of NO HEROICS which had been sitting on my computer.

Sunday night...

ENTOURAGE: It'll be interesting to see if this new plot development changes the status quo on the show. I can't tell if I found this episode a bit mediocre because it was mediocre or if it's because I'm a bit depressed. (Which makes it hard for me to really care all that much about the stuff I'm watching.)

LITTLE BRITAIN USA: Well, it's LITTLE BRITAIN. So, except for some of the new characters, I've seen it all before. At least there was a Lou and Andy bit this week, they were my brother's favorites on there. The Sebastian skits were funnier when they had Anthony Head.

Monday night...

BIG BANG THEORY: A passable episode. Nothing all that exciting. If anything, this show usually makes me wish that new episodes of THE IT CROWD would hurry up and air already.

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: Well, looks like all of the people guessing that Sarah Chalke was the mother were dead wrong. Guess that frees her up to do more SCRUBS if ABC keeps the show going after this "final" season. Frankly, I'm glad the whole "Stella" storyline is done with. I didn't particularly care for the character.

PRISON BREAK: Well, one major character got shot and another got killed. The momentum this season had in the first few episodes seems to have slowed down quite a bit. The two week wait for the next episode is a bit annoying. Amusing side note about the show, I used to joke with my brother: "This guy broke into a prison to get his brother out. I bet if I was in prison you wouldn't even visit me, let alone break me out." He'd just laugh.

I PVRed CHUCK and HEROES, so I'll watch them sometime tomorrow afternoon.

4 comments:

DarckkorioN said...

Why would people think that Sarah Chalke was the mother? Their meeting didn't involve a yellow umbrella...

Mike said...

That doesn't stop people from speculating. C'mon, there were (and probably still are) people who think that Robin is the mother despite being told that she wasn't in the very first episode. Another popular theory for awhile was that Lilly is the mother. Honestly, even some of the entertainment writers hop onto that "is this the mother" bandwagon. Lots of them kept pushing that it was going to be Chalke's character.

DarckkorioN said...

I kind of wonder if we'll ever find out who the mother is. For that to happen the show would have to voluntarily end, or at least have enough notice of cancellation wouldn't it?

Mike said...

Well, there are ways it could keep going if they were to give the definitive answer as to who the mother is, but I do see your point.

Post a Comment