Wednesday, October 22, 2008

TV Stuff For Oct 20-21 Plus A Shameless Amazon Plug

CHUCK: I'm not sure exactly why, but CHUCK has become one of my favorite shows on TV right now. Sure, it's a bit formulaic, with the whole, "Chuck accidentally flashes on some spy and they have to go undercover to stop him while whacky hijinks ensure at the Buy More" thing. But that doesn't bother me yet. Of course, I do find myself watching each episode and wondering if Chuck ever actually spends more than ten minutes a week at his day job? Seriously, the other 4-5 characters that work in that store seem to live there, yet Chuck is constantly disappearing to go to the yogurt store or go on missions. But hey, if you're going to go after plot holes, well there's a far better target out there...

HEROES: It's better than season two. Of course, that doesn't excuse the plots that you can float an aircraft carrier through or how incredibly stupid the characters are written depending on what the circumstances the writers need them to be in. Still, the strength of the last two episodes have moved HEROES from my "I'm about to stop watching this crap" list to the "I'll keep watching this crap a little longer" list.

HOUSE: Somebody at the Fox network must love Olivia Wilde making out with chicks, since this is the second show on that network in the last few years where they had her character do just that. Other than that it was an average episode.


In between HOUSE and THE SHIELD I watched a bit of SHOOT 'EM UP in HD on cable. Love that flick.

THE SHIELD: Wow. Seriously, three huge things happened in this episode, and I can honestly say that I didn't see any of them coming. I can't believe that in five more episodes this show is over and done. I'm actually nervous about how this show will end.

I was also semi-psyched to realize that Comcast added FX HD to my cable lineup. Of course, the two shows that I watch on there (THE SHIELD and IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA) aren't 16:9 HD shows.

Wednesday is a "nothing I normally watch" night. Tonight I'll probably watch GHOST HUNTERS, which I sometimes used to watch with my brother, because this week's new episode was filmed in my city. I can't recall if I've ever been to the bar that they're investigating though. If I miss it, they usually put the episodes on OnDemand the next day anyway. Like I said, I'll probably watch the show live, especially since I don't have any DVD that I want to watch.

For obvious reasons, I've been skipping out on my normal Tuesday DVD/Blu-Ray new releases shilling. Anyway, over at my Amazon store, which is still very much a work in progress, I did link to this week's huge load of Bond movies that are new on Blu-Ray and re-issues on DVD, not to mention a few other flicks as well.

2 comments:

Nawtykitty said...

I'm such a sucker for Ghost Hunters. That is one of the few shows I watch religiously. This week's episode was pretty good. That bar and pool hall looked pretty cool.

Glad to see that you are getting back into the swing of things. I know you miss your Brother, though. Take care!

Mike said...

After having seen the episode, I do remember going to that bar once a few years ago. (It's downtown, and I generally avoid downtown whenever possible though.) I also didn't know that one of the GH guys was from here, but I should've recognized him since I saw his old band a few times back in the day.

As far as I go, while I'm not spontaneously bursting into tears anymore, I do still get pretty melancholy several times a day. I'm just not writing about it, because I don't want to be too much of a moper on here, and I don't think it would help anyway. But like I've said, I'm struggling to be "normal", it's just pretty hard. (It also doesn't help that there's all sorts of other crappy things going on too.)

Post a Comment