I spent all day Wednesday hanging with my friend Tony (and his baby). I accompanied him on some errands, we grabbed a bite, and played video games on the Xbox 360 at his place for a bit. All in all, it was a nice day out.
Thursday was the first day since my brother went into the hospital that I didn't go anywhere and nobody called or came over. Not that I haven't been grateful for the support of friends and family, but it's been go go go for about two weeks now. So the quiet was a bit of a break.
I went through my Google Reader and dumped a bunch of RSS feeds. I've still got way more than I probably need, but the last two weeks made me realize how many I have that are either completely useless or running duplicate stories. When I first started checking the net again a few days ago I was hitting "mark all as read" instead of carefully combing through and finding interesting news.
I caught up on most of the shows that I didn't watch last week. I've still got a few to watch. Originally, I wasn't going to bother, but I figured it would be a nice distraction. Distractions are exactly what I need right now.
I was also somewhat psyched to see that all of the Bond movies are available in HD via OnDemand for the next month or so. Although only a handful of them are for free and the rest are pay per views. I don't know if they're the new and improved BluRay transfers, or the same HD transfer that have been shown on cable before. (The ones I already have downloaded on my computer.) If I can get them on the cheap, I'd definitely like to get the three Connery-era Bond flicks that are coming out on BluRay next week. The rest of the movies coming out in that format are ones that aren't high on my buy list. (Although eventually I want them all on Blu.) Seriously, they're putting out DIE ANOTHER DAY, one of the very worst Bond movies instead of something like GOLDENEYE or THE SPY WHO LOVED ME? Crazy.
Both this week's THE OFFICE and IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA didn't do much for me. I also tried out the first episode of TESTEES via OnDemand earlier in the day and decided I'm not going to bother with that show. (The commercials for it always cracked my brother up, so I wonder if he would've enjoyed that show more than I did.)
Thursday was the first day since my brother went into the hospital that I didn't go anywhere and nobody called or came over. Not that I haven't been grateful for the support of friends and family, but it's been go go go for about two weeks now. So the quiet was a bit of a break.
I went through my Google Reader and dumped a bunch of RSS feeds. I've still got way more than I probably need, but the last two weeks made me realize how many I have that are either completely useless or running duplicate stories. When I first started checking the net again a few days ago I was hitting "mark all as read" instead of carefully combing through and finding interesting news.
I caught up on most of the shows that I didn't watch last week. I've still got a few to watch. Originally, I wasn't going to bother, but I figured it would be a nice distraction. Distractions are exactly what I need right now.
I was also somewhat psyched to see that all of the Bond movies are available in HD via OnDemand for the next month or so. Although only a handful of them are for free and the rest are pay per views. I don't know if they're the new and improved BluRay transfers, or the same HD transfer that have been shown on cable before. (The ones I already have downloaded on my computer.) If I can get them on the cheap, I'd definitely like to get the three Connery-era Bond flicks that are coming out on BluRay next week. The rest of the movies coming out in that format are ones that aren't high on my buy list. (Although eventually I want them all on Blu.) Seriously, they're putting out DIE ANOTHER DAY, one of the very worst Bond movies instead of something like GOLDENEYE or THE SPY WHO LOVED ME? Crazy.
Both this week's THE OFFICE and IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA didn't do much for me. I also tried out the first episode of TESTEES via OnDemand earlier in the day and decided I'm not going to bother with that show. (The commercials for it always cracked my brother up, so I wonder if he would've enjoyed that show more than I did.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment