Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Not-So-Exciting Life And Times Of Mike In The Last Week Of October

Tuesday I hung with my buddy Tony for a few hours. We had lunch, and then played a bit of STREET FIGHTER II on his 360 for a bit. I also did a little maintenance work on his PC and tried to convert him to the cult of RSS readers. Then I watched him play CALL OF DUTY 4 online while we shot the breeze until it was time to go home.

Once I got home, I made my appointment to get myself checked out to see if I've got the same condition that killed my brother. (Ugh, they're going to have to draw blood! I hate needles!) Catching it early, if I do have it, will prevent me from dying. Dying aside, I just hope I don't have it because I'm terrified of having surgery. I'm not scheduled for the tests until November 20th though.

Later on, it was time to stock up on things like Diet Coke and frozen pizzas. I also grabbed FALLOUT 3 for the PC. Once that was done, I came home, ate dinner and installed FALLOUT 3. I then watched TV (napping in the hour between HOUSE and THE SHIELD) and then played FALLOUT 3 for a bit.

Wednesday, since there was nothing on TV at night, I wound up spending the entire evening playing FALLOUT 3. Gaming's a better distraction from my woes than TV since it requires more interactivity. (I had forgotten a new SOUTH PARK was on, so there was "something" that I watch on TV last night.) I fell asleep watching the DEAD SPACE prequel movie.

So far today, the only things I've done are some browsing, flipping through a few comics, and writing some updates. My forecast for the night calls for THE OFFICE and 30 ROCK (even though I watched the premiere online last week) and then, you guessed it, FALLOUT 3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment