David Tennant to leave DOCTOR WHO. No offense to Tennant, but I see this as a good thing. His time as Doctor was marred by some of the worst stories ever. Plus, hopefully he'll take the fangirls who only watch the show because they have a crush on him with him when he leaves. The kind who write terrible fan fiction, are only interested in the horribly shoe-horned in "romance" aspects of the new version of the show, and who write "SQUEEEE!" online. The sort of people that if we were in space, you'd want to shove them out of an airlock. Seriously, cast somebody who looks like Doctors #1-4, and 6-7 in the role and these people will disappear in a heartbeat.
Americans can't live without their cable TV. I could get by better without cable TV than cable internet. I'm able to get all the major networks (FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc) in HD via antenna.
Gamers enjoy their disc packaging. Who doesn't keep their games, movies, and CDs that they buy in the original packages? Putting them in those big CD binders is practically handing any potential thieves and burglars an easier way to steal all of your media. (Back in the days when I still listened to CDs, I only kept burnt copies of CDs that I had bought in the binder in my car. If somebody had broken in, I would've only been out a few bucks and could've easily re-ripped my CDs and replaced them. It would've cost me more to replace the likely to have been broken window in that scenario.)
Of course, some of us have too much media: Gamers buy more than they can play, study suggests. At times I've had more stuff on my "to play" list than I could get around to actually playing. Then there's times where you start a fairly mediocre game and something else, usually something really good, comes out and you drop that mediocre game to play it.
'Office Space' Headed to Blu-ray. On one hand, OFFICE SPACE is a movie that I love. I'm one of the few people who saw it in theaters, and it was like watching my work-life on the screen. On the other, it's not exactly a movie that's all that visually impressive, so I don't know if it's worth upgrading from the DVD to Blu-Ray. If I didn't already have two versions of the DVD, this would be an absolute buy.
Americans can't live without their cable TV. I could get by better without cable TV than cable internet. I'm able to get all the major networks (FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc) in HD via antenna.
Gamers enjoy their disc packaging. Who doesn't keep their games, movies, and CDs that they buy in the original packages? Putting them in those big CD binders is practically handing any potential thieves and burglars an easier way to steal all of your media. (Back in the days when I still listened to CDs, I only kept burnt copies of CDs that I had bought in the binder in my car. If somebody had broken in, I would've only been out a few bucks and could've easily re-ripped my CDs and replaced them. It would've cost me more to replace the likely to have been broken window in that scenario.)
Of course, some of us have too much media: Gamers buy more than they can play, study suggests. At times I've had more stuff on my "to play" list than I could get around to actually playing. Then there's times where you start a fairly mediocre game and something else, usually something really good, comes out and you drop that mediocre game to play it.
'Office Space' Headed to Blu-ray. On one hand, OFFICE SPACE is a movie that I love. I'm one of the few people who saw it in theaters, and it was like watching my work-life on the screen. On the other, it's not exactly a movie that's all that visually impressive, so I don't know if it's worth upgrading from the DVD to Blu-Ray. If I didn't already have two versions of the DVD, this would be an absolute buy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment