Funeral planning, as well as lots of visiting relatives and friends, eats up a lot of time. Which, frankly, was a needed distraction last week. Now, things have quieted down, but there's still people calling or dropping by. On top of that my dad's birthday was on Tuesday (the 14th), but needless to say nobody felt all that much like celebrating this year.
I've been keeping myself busy by doing stuff for my parents and keeping an eye on them. In fact, I've been so busy worrying about them, that I haven't had much time to worry about how I'm doing. I guess that's a good thing.
I'm still trying to get my bearings a bit. Part of that is doing "normal stuff" like watching TV. I sat down and watched Monday night TV, and that was really weird since Monday was the "big TV night" for me and Dave every week. (Pretty much the one guaranteed night of the week that we'd absolutely watch together. Unless there was a sports thing and then he'd be off on his own.)
I haven't bothered to catch up on any of the shows from last week. Eventually I'll try and catch up, but it's not that big of a priority.
I find it slightly amusing that HEROES seems to be headed in a direction that doesn't suck and my brother isn't around to see it. After last season and the first few episodes of this season I was ready to give up on it. The main reason I didn't quit after the second week of new episodes this year was that my brother still wanted to keep watching. So it's some sort of cruel cosmic joke that the show had what I found to be an interesting episode this week.
I gave up on FRINGE. I don't care about the plots or the characters. My preference is to care about both, but sometimes I'm willing to settle for one or the other. After watching about five minutes of this week's episode I wound up falling asleep for about twenty minutes. At that point I switched over to watch a bit of CASINO ROYALE for the umpteenth time over on one of the Showtimes. One of the things I've learned in the last week or so is that life is too short. Far too short to waste on watching a TV show that I hope will interest me just because it falls between two shows that do.
I've been keeping myself busy by doing stuff for my parents and keeping an eye on them. In fact, I've been so busy worrying about them, that I haven't had much time to worry about how I'm doing. I guess that's a good thing.
I'm still trying to get my bearings a bit. Part of that is doing "normal stuff" like watching TV. I sat down and watched Monday night TV, and that was really weird since Monday was the "big TV night" for me and Dave every week. (Pretty much the one guaranteed night of the week that we'd absolutely watch together. Unless there was a sports thing and then he'd be off on his own.)
I haven't bothered to catch up on any of the shows from last week. Eventually I'll try and catch up, but it's not that big of a priority.
I find it slightly amusing that HEROES seems to be headed in a direction that doesn't suck and my brother isn't around to see it. After last season and the first few episodes of this season I was ready to give up on it. The main reason I didn't quit after the second week of new episodes this year was that my brother still wanted to keep watching. So it's some sort of cruel cosmic joke that the show had what I found to be an interesting episode this week.
I gave up on FRINGE. I don't care about the plots or the characters. My preference is to care about both, but sometimes I'm willing to settle for one or the other. After watching about five minutes of this week's episode I wound up falling asleep for about twenty minutes. At that point I switched over to watch a bit of CASINO ROYALE for the umpteenth time over on one of the Showtimes. One of the things I've learned in the last week or so is that life is too short. Far too short to waste on watching a TV show that I hope will interest me just because it falls between two shows that do.
1 comments:
the new heroes was a total mindfuck i thought. everyone besides parkman now seems to be evil. and mohinder must die. now. i can't stand his character anymore.
Post a Comment