I know some of you will get a kick out of this one. It might even remind some of you of the kind of bullshit we used to pull back before we got fired or they closed up and everybody's jobs were eliminated.
RCN Tech Support Keeps Customer On Hold For Seven Hours And Counting.
Even *I* was never that bad when I worked there doing tech support. (Looking back, I freely admit that in the last year or two that I was there I was constantly coming up with new ways to avoid and dump calls whenever possible.)
RCN Tech Support Keeps Customer On Hold For Seven Hours And Counting.
Even *I* was never that bad when I worked there doing tech support. (Looking back, I freely admit that in the last year or two that I was there I was constantly coming up with new ways to avoid and dump calls whenever possible.)
4 comments:
Several years after they used me as their phone system voice, I ran into an old friend of mine from high school. He had been living on the west coast and his business used Brainstorm as their ISP. Brainstorm was always a reliable provider for them and they rarely had a problem. When something did go wrong they knew they could get through to someone in support quickly and get things fixed. Shortly after RCN acquired Brainstorm things started going downhill rapidly and my friend found it harder to get through to support. One day he found himself wondering, "Why isn't our ISP working anymore and why is the guy I went to school with telling me to hold on because he values my business?"
I wonder if they ever replaced your voiceover work for their phone system. I've never wondered enough to call or anything though.
RCN ... what can i say... Giant frogs Giant frogs .. that's all from here ... Back to you in the studio jim!
If they hadn't already stopped using my voice to torment the poor souls trapped on hold before RCN went Chapter 11 and folded up their tent in Springfield I'm sure they dumped my dulcet tones shortly after they recalled all of the stormtroopers to the death star in Princeton, NJ.
Post a Comment