Saturday, September 27, 2008

Links For 9-27-2008

Sterilization plan fights poverty. Tying poor women's tubes could help taxpayers, legislator says. Offering poor people $1000 to get sterilized sounds slightly fascistic... but... I've heard far worse ideas. I'm not necessarily advocating this idea, which would never get passed by voters anyway, I'm just saying that there are an awful lot of people who *should* be sterilized. (For instance those two parents that got into a fight over which gang their baby would join. I linked to that a few months back. Those people should be sterilized and then confined to a prison island somewhere.)

Here are your LEFT 4 DEAD system requirements. I figured I'd be fine. I can run other games on the Source engine without problems, so I don't see why L4D would be any different.

Kojima: I have three MGS5 concepts, please don't use them. If he wants to wash his hands of the MGS series so bad, why did he bother thinking of new concepts for it?

Report: workers spend 25% of work time goofing around online. Shocking! 25% seems awfully low.

Amazing what you can do when you don't sue your fans. What's even more amazing are the staggering numbers of artists and record companies who don't understand this yet.

6 baffling mistakes every movie criminal makes. All of these are crime movie cliches and still show up in virtually every crime movie.

Why there won’t be broadband competition anytime soon. Exclusive contracts with municipalities is the biggest reason. Anything else is just tacked on to that.

New clickjacking affects all browsers; cause remains unknown. Every day they come up with something new that makes browsing less than safe.

George Romero's island zombie movie. I think, after watching the last two movies, that old George has run out of gas with the zombie thing.

T-Mobile to "Open Up" T-Zones? It'd be great if I could get actual internet access on my cellphone. I might actually use the damn thing then!

Senate passes bill creating 'Copyright Czar'. Oh boy! A new sinkhole for tax-payer dollars!

Supposedly, the Led Zeppelin reunion tour is happening. I'll believe it when I see it.

Who had Fox as the first network to cancel one of their new fall shows in the betting pool? Fox makes it official: "DISTURB" first to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment