Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Links For 7-9-2008

The truth about violent youth and video games. A must read. Granted, most of it is information that's been out there for awhile, but it's nicely presented and put together in this article.

3/4 of Americans see recession. With home foreclosures and unemployment on the rise, is this really that surprising of a headline?

What do 12 terabytes-worth of data look like? Not as much as I thought.

When you measure broadband caps in terms of how many emails, something's wrong. I hate when they try to equate bandwidth transfers in things like emails, streaming videos viewed, website pages loaded, etc. It makes no sense, because all of those things, including mails vary in size.

Cable-laying boom will boost internet capacity. So what will the excuse for bandwidth caps be then?

Report: cable more expensive in wake of FCC franchise reform. It seems to me that cable prices are always rising. I never see much in the way of improvements for these rate increases. The occasional new HD channel. Although, more often than not, it's a channel that I don't watch.

'Mental risk' of Facebook teens. Really? C'mon. This just screams sensationalism.

Russian blogger sentenced for "extremist" post. Coming soon to the US!

Man dies after drinking 10 litres of water in eight hours. Is there anything left that humans can consume that there won't be a news report about how it can kill you?

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV style re-enactments. Scenes from famous movies re-created in GTA IV. Neat!

What Twitter would look like during a zombie outbreak. It seems like nothing can stop people from using Twitter. (If the main link is down due to bandwidth overages, check the comments for mirrors.)

David Lee Roth almost died. Who knew that nuts could kill DLR?

BioWare to defeat piracy with customer satisfaction. I think this is a better approach than trying to sue everybody in sight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment