Two bits of news that made me smile today: Disbar Jack Thompson forever, bar trial referee says. Christmas could be coming early this year! Then, Stopped at courthouse door, Jack Thompson says he will sue U.S. Marshal. Yes, the massacre chaser is out of his mind. Absolutely.
Aussie science to make net 100 times faster. Of course ISPs will charge more anyway, even if it costs them little to nothing.
Hamster with private elevator built of Lego. I kinda feel bad watching the poor thing fail over and over, but on the other hand it is funny how it knows how the elevator works.
Showtime is calling THE EXTERMINATORS. Looks like the cancelled Vertigo comic is getting a TV series. I have every issue, I've just never finished reading through them.
Blogtor Who have a nice spoiler for the upcoming season of THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES. I might actually have to watch an episode, and I don't watch either of the two DOCTOR WHO spin-offs. Anyway, this one should make classic WHO fans happy. (Although I would've preferred this to have happened on DW rather than a spin-off.)
Ashley Dupré to get her own trollopish reality TV show. Having talent isn't required to becoming famous these days. In fact, it seems like that would actually hold you back. All you have to do is be a whore. Literally.
Is free the future of PC gaming? Not in the US anytime soon.There's something to be said about both schools of thought, but really, at least in the US, only smaller games developed by one person or a small group work with a free model.
NebuAD CEO defends web tracking, tells Congress it's legal. Even if it is legal, it's still shit.
Media moguls meet at Sun Valley amid industry changes. I guess they have to plot out new ways to stick it to both the public and the creatives under their thumb.
Disheartening news for those of us in the US: Senate approves telecom amnesty, expands domestic spying powers. Also Senate approves warrantless wiretapping and telco immunity, throws out the Fourth Amendment. Of course domestic spying has become almost like an industry unto iteself: Nearly every part of US gov is "involved in monitoring or surveillance." I'm just curious. What, if anything, have they found to make any of that spying worthwhile? Anything? I'm drawing a blank. Maybe they did and I read about it and simply have forgotten.
The Pirate Bay wants to encrypt the entire internet. You have to admire their whacky schemes. Even the ones they don't follow through on. Like that time they were going to buy an island nation, remember that?
Victims of WiFi theft not responsible for illegal uploads. I think that's fair. Of course, it's only in one case. I also imagine it'd be hard to prove that your wifi was hacked into.
Aussie science to make net 100 times faster. Of course ISPs will charge more anyway, even if it costs them little to nothing.
Hamster with private elevator built of Lego. I kinda feel bad watching the poor thing fail over and over, but on the other hand it is funny how it knows how the elevator works.
Showtime is calling THE EXTERMINATORS. Looks like the cancelled Vertigo comic is getting a TV series. I have every issue, I've just never finished reading through them.
Blogtor Who have a nice spoiler for the upcoming season of THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES. I might actually have to watch an episode, and I don't watch either of the two DOCTOR WHO spin-offs. Anyway, this one should make classic WHO fans happy. (Although I would've preferred this to have happened on DW rather than a spin-off.)
Ashley Dupré to get her own trollopish reality TV show. Having talent isn't required to becoming famous these days. In fact, it seems like that would actually hold you back. All you have to do is be a whore. Literally.
Is free the future of PC gaming? Not in the US anytime soon.There's something to be said about both schools of thought, but really, at least in the US, only smaller games developed by one person or a small group work with a free model.
NebuAD CEO defends web tracking, tells Congress it's legal. Even if it is legal, it's still shit.
Media moguls meet at Sun Valley amid industry changes. I guess they have to plot out new ways to stick it to both the public and the creatives under their thumb.
Disheartening news for those of us in the US: Senate approves telecom amnesty, expands domestic spying powers. Also Senate approves warrantless wiretapping and telco immunity, throws out the Fourth Amendment. Of course domestic spying has become almost like an industry unto iteself: Nearly every part of US gov is "involved in monitoring or surveillance." I'm just curious. What, if anything, have they found to make any of that spying worthwhile? Anything? I'm drawing a blank. Maybe they did and I read about it and simply have forgotten.
The Pirate Bay wants to encrypt the entire internet. You have to admire their whacky schemes. Even the ones they don't follow through on. Like that time they were going to buy an island nation, remember that?
Victims of WiFi theft not responsible for illegal uploads. I think that's fair. Of course, it's only in one case. I also imagine it'd be hard to prove that your wifi was hacked into.
0 comments:
Post a Comment