Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Links For 7-15-2008

World's oldest blogger signs off singing aged 108. Can you imagine the sort of useless crap I could be writing about if I lived to be 108?

Utah Poison Control Center offers helpful tip. I honestly think that if people over a certain age, say six, are dumb enough to actually need that warning, then it's best to just let them die.

Women arrested in sex competition. Wow, they're really rounding up all the dangerous criminals!

Cops: Woman battered beau with toilet seat. I just knew before I even clicked the link to read the story that this had to have come out of Florida.

However, people over in the UK can be nuts too. Our next two links clearly demonstrate that...

Man cuts off own head with chainsaw after flat is earmarked to be bulldozed by developers.

Cheating girlfriend hid dead newborn baby in car boot to keep pregnancy secret from partner

Over at io9, they're asking: How over-hyped is THE DARK KNIGHT? I want to see the movie, but I've been sick of all of the hype for awhile now.

Ricky Gervais sees obnoxious dead people in GHOST TOWN. The trailer looks pretty good. It looks like GHOST minus all the chick-flick shittiness.

Viacom After YouTube Employee Info? They want to see if any Google employees uploaded any copyright-infringing videos.

P2P not hurting DVD, Blu-ray sales as revenues up from 2007. I don't expect that upswing to last, at least in the US, given the current economy. Of course any sales slump due to people having to buckle down on their spending (or just plain shitty movies) will be attributed to piracy.

Anti-piracy evidence put in doubt by leecher. It's really the uploaders they're after the most, hence the claims of "making the files available to others" in most lawsuits. Still, it's not like they don't want to nail downloaders too.

Why are people being sent to jail for unlocking a mobile phone? I have another question, why would anybody buy a phone that isn't unlocked? (Subsidized prices being lower aside, that is.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment