TERMINATOR: If more episodes of this show were like the season (probably series) finale, I might've stuck with this show. Unlike most episodes of this show, tons of stuff happened on this one, and it was the first time I can recall watching it where I wasn't bored. Of course, given the cliffhanger ending, this show probably won't be coming back, and I doubt WB will want to pony up the cash for a direct to DVD conclusion. Bit of a shame really.
DOLLHOUSE: This episode had two "didn't see that coming" moments, and was pretty strong. It's a shame the show didn't hit the ground running with more episodes like this. The ratings would probably still be crap, it is on on Friday nights after all, but the word of mouth on the show would've been better. I mean, imagine trying to tell somebody to buy this on DVD, "It's a really good show. Just skip the first five episodes. Yeah, the first half of the series."
HUSTLE: Despite being one of my favorite shows, I didn't watch each episode of series 5 of HUSTLE as they came out. I finally got around to watching the last episode, which I had downloaded and sort of forgot about. I liked the idea of former marks joining forces to take down the crew, but I saw the resolution coming right away. Still, like I said, it's one of my favorite shows, and I'm glad there will be a series 6. It's too bad they don't plan on airing it over here, and the UK DVD release isn't until January of 2010 (according to Amazon UK). I would've preferred to have imported the DVDs and watched them that way.
PARTY DOWN: This week's VERONICA MARS guest star was Cliff the huckster lawyer. I wonder if this show would have a wider audience if it wasn't on Starz.
DOCTOR WHO - PLANET OF THE DEAD: I didn't actually watch this yet, and given the reviews I'm hesitating to bother. I generally find RTD written episodes to be amongst the worst, and from everything I've read this has all of his writing tics that I find so annoying/disappointing. I wish they had just done the regeneration from 10 to 11 and gotten on with the first Moffat-helmed series already. These specials feel like treading water, and the only one I have a genuine interest in seeing is the last one. I'm curious as to how the current Doctor goes out, and that's about it.
DOLLHOUSE: This episode had two "didn't see that coming" moments, and was pretty strong. It's a shame the show didn't hit the ground running with more episodes like this. The ratings would probably still be crap, it is on on Friday nights after all, but the word of mouth on the show would've been better. I mean, imagine trying to tell somebody to buy this on DVD, "It's a really good show. Just skip the first five episodes. Yeah, the first half of the series."
HUSTLE: Despite being one of my favorite shows, I didn't watch each episode of series 5 of HUSTLE as they came out. I finally got around to watching the last episode, which I had downloaded and sort of forgot about. I liked the idea of former marks joining forces to take down the crew, but I saw the resolution coming right away. Still, like I said, it's one of my favorite shows, and I'm glad there will be a series 6. It's too bad they don't plan on airing it over here, and the UK DVD release isn't until January of 2010 (according to Amazon UK). I would've preferred to have imported the DVDs and watched them that way.
PARTY DOWN: This week's VERONICA MARS guest star was Cliff the huckster lawyer. I wonder if this show would have a wider audience if it wasn't on Starz.
DOCTOR WHO - PLANET OF THE DEAD: I didn't actually watch this yet, and given the reviews I'm hesitating to bother. I generally find RTD written episodes to be amongst the worst, and from everything I've read this has all of his writing tics that I find so annoying/disappointing. I wish they had just done the regeneration from 10 to 11 and gotten on with the first Moffat-helmed series already. These specials feel like treading water, and the only one I have a genuine interest in seeing is the last one. I'm curious as to how the current Doctor goes out, and that's about it.
3 comments:
Well I'd be watching Party Down if I hadn't canceled my premium channels. What I need to know is if this one show is worth $13 a month? Keep in mind I'm a huge VM fan. Let me know if I should make the investment.
Personally, while I enjoy the show enough, I don't think it's worth paying $13 a month for. I'd hold out for a DVD release, try to find a site streaming it online, or just download it.
Thanks I'll hold off
Post a Comment