If your IM Buddy List was honest. I haven't used an IM program in a long time, but this pretty much looks like what my buddy list looked like ten years ago, and probably what it would look like now if I still used IM.
Bandwidth Caps Are Slightly Unpopular
Man, regular people and the media are going after Time Warner about their bandwidth cap plans. Somewhere somebody in an executive position at Comcast is smiling that people are pissed at another cable company and thinking, "See, those 250 gig caps of ours don't sound so bad now, do they?"
Time Warner Cable earnings refute bandwidth cap economics
Time Warner tries again, fails to justify caps and charges
Time Warner Cable lays out broadband capping plans, says $150 for "unlimited" use
TWC’s $150 Unlimited Broadband: New Way to Fleece Customers
Time Warner Says People Want Metered Billing; Cablevision Says People Hate It
Consumer Group Asks Congress to Investigate Bandwidth Caps
Copywrong
The Pirate Bay's new business model apparently working wonders. I guess with the content industry suing them and claiming they allegedly making tons of money and the TPB guys claiming they didn't, now they think they should attempt to make some money. I'm sure that new VPN service will take off for them.
Songwriter claims he was exploited by Google... but a few seconds of logical thinking disproves that. Thanks to "Rick-rolling" one of the douches who wrote that shitty song thinks he's got shitloads of money coming to him. Really, if anybody "exploited" this guy's song it was 4chan for inventing "Rick-rolling" and then the rest of the idiots out there who kept it going long long long after the /b/tards got sick of it. Anyway, this guy should be dropping to his knees and thanking anybody on the internet who promoted this forgotten piece of dreck. (Even if they revived it in a mocking way.) Without them, the song would've remained forgotten, and this songwriter would have nothing to bitch about.
Here's some news that I'm sure is making some studio execs really really happy... 90 percent of consumers think they should be allowed to back up DVDs. "You wouldn't steal a car." No, but I'd download or copy the hell out of one if I could!
Rethinking handing copyright on to heirs beyond death. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think heirs should only inherit the money made from the original artist (or whatever) that the original artist received and saved.
$1.29 iTunes songs mysteriously get less popular. Imagine that. Artificially inflate prices for certain songs while keeping others the same, and people are less willing to pay for them? Who'dve thought, right?
Entertainment
PRISON BREAK's final season finally continues starting this coming Friday and the show ends in a few weeks. Of course, we won't be seeing the real ending on TV. No, fans of the show will have to buy a straight to DVD movie to see the real ending of the show. A bit irritating, really.
VENOM spin-off official, recruits its writers. Venom is, was, and always will be a stupid character. I'm not surprised he's getting his own movie.
Stores worry about Blu-ray player forecasts. I love my Blu-Rays, but most people don't see the need to switch from DVD. I guess the sharper picture and better colors isn't enough of a reason to make the leap, even for people who had HDTVs. The higher prices of discs and players, along with a terrible economic climate aren't helping either.
Video Games
GameStop loans games to employees, sells them as new. This is nothing new. I remember about fifteen years ago, I had a friend who was a manager at a Babbages. He told me they used to re-shrinkwrap things all the time and put them back out after employees would play them. I doubt much has changed in the last decade and a half.
BIOSHOCK 2: first gameplay footage. Me want. Now. Ooog.
Xbox LIVE makes a lot of money, one billion since 2006. That's quite a nice sum of money, huh?
SILENT HILL Wii designer says it looks like a 360/PS3 game. Well, if the graphics are up to current gen snuff, why only put it out on last gen's machines and the Wii, which is pretty much a last gen machine with a gimmick controller? (Don't get me wrong, the pre-HD consoles have some good looking games. I mean, the RESIDENT EVIL games on the Gamecube looked awesome.) From a purely economic standpoint, you'd think they'd make more putting it out for the 360/PS3, since the SILENT HILL games are more likely to appeal to the people that own those consoles than the Wii.
Sailor shot dead during video game. I've real guns pointed at me in jest twice (and not in jest once), and I'm glad something like this didn't happen to me. I don't know if these guys were clowning around and it was an accident or what. Usually, I'd ask where the shooter got the gun, but in this case it was most likely issued to him by the government. So now the question instead becomes, if this was an accident, what kind of shitty training did the military give this guy? Of course, it's still unclear if this was pre-meditated or not. I'm sure somebody will blame games either way.
Bandwidth Caps Are Slightly Unpopular
Man, regular people and the media are going after Time Warner about their bandwidth cap plans. Somewhere somebody in an executive position at Comcast is smiling that people are pissed at another cable company and thinking, "See, those 250 gig caps of ours don't sound so bad now, do they?"
Time Warner Cable earnings refute bandwidth cap economics
Time Warner tries again, fails to justify caps and charges
Time Warner Cable lays out broadband capping plans, says $150 for "unlimited" use
TWC’s $150 Unlimited Broadband: New Way to Fleece Customers
Time Warner Says People Want Metered Billing; Cablevision Says People Hate It
Consumer Group Asks Congress to Investigate Bandwidth Caps
Copywrong
The Pirate Bay's new business model apparently working wonders. I guess with the content industry suing them and claiming they allegedly making tons of money and the TPB guys claiming they didn't, now they think they should attempt to make some money. I'm sure that new VPN service will take off for them.
Songwriter claims he was exploited by Google... but a few seconds of logical thinking disproves that. Thanks to "Rick-rolling" one of the douches who wrote that shitty song thinks he's got shitloads of money coming to him. Really, if anybody "exploited" this guy's song it was 4chan for inventing "Rick-rolling" and then the rest of the idiots out there who kept it going long long long after the /b/tards got sick of it. Anyway, this guy should be dropping to his knees and thanking anybody on the internet who promoted this forgotten piece of dreck. (Even if they revived it in a mocking way.) Without them, the song would've remained forgotten, and this songwriter would have nothing to bitch about.
Here's some news that I'm sure is making some studio execs really really happy... 90 percent of consumers think they should be allowed to back up DVDs. "You wouldn't steal a car." No, but I'd download or copy the hell out of one if I could!
Rethinking handing copyright on to heirs beyond death. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think heirs should only inherit the money made from the original artist (or whatever) that the original artist received and saved.
$1.29 iTunes songs mysteriously get less popular. Imagine that. Artificially inflate prices for certain songs while keeping others the same, and people are less willing to pay for them? Who'dve thought, right?
Entertainment
PRISON BREAK's final season finally continues starting this coming Friday and the show ends in a few weeks. Of course, we won't be seeing the real ending on TV. No, fans of the show will have to buy a straight to DVD movie to see the real ending of the show. A bit irritating, really.
VENOM spin-off official, recruits its writers. Venom is, was, and always will be a stupid character. I'm not surprised he's getting his own movie.
Stores worry about Blu-ray player forecasts. I love my Blu-Rays, but most people don't see the need to switch from DVD. I guess the sharper picture and better colors isn't enough of a reason to make the leap, even for people who had HDTVs. The higher prices of discs and players, along with a terrible economic climate aren't helping either.
Video Games
GameStop loans games to employees, sells them as new. This is nothing new. I remember about fifteen years ago, I had a friend who was a manager at a Babbages. He told me they used to re-shrinkwrap things all the time and put them back out after employees would play them. I doubt much has changed in the last decade and a half.
BIOSHOCK 2: first gameplay footage. Me want. Now. Ooog.
Xbox LIVE makes a lot of money, one billion since 2006. That's quite a nice sum of money, huh?
SILENT HILL Wii designer says it looks like a 360/PS3 game. Well, if the graphics are up to current gen snuff, why only put it out on last gen's machines and the Wii, which is pretty much a last gen machine with a gimmick controller? (Don't get me wrong, the pre-HD consoles have some good looking games. I mean, the RESIDENT EVIL games on the Gamecube looked awesome.) From a purely economic standpoint, you'd think they'd make more putting it out for the 360/PS3, since the SILENT HILL games are more likely to appeal to the people that own those consoles than the Wii.
Sailor shot dead during video game. I've real guns pointed at me in jest twice (and not in jest once), and I'm glad something like this didn't happen to me. I don't know if these guys were clowning around and it was an accident or what. Usually, I'd ask where the shooter got the gun, but in this case it was most likely issued to him by the government. So now the question instead becomes, if this was an accident, what kind of shitty training did the military give this guy? Of course, it's still unclear if this was pre-meditated or not. I'm sure somebody will blame games either way.
0 comments:
Post a Comment