This week, I decided to combine all of my thoughts on the mind-numbing television that I watched into one big post.
Monday
CHUCK: This was a pretty good episode, if a bit paint-by-numbers for the show. The whole, "you can't trust anybody" thing is wearing a bit thin.
HEROES: The tail end of this season is better than what came before it, but all of it feels a bit too little too late. I do have to give some credit to the actress playing young Angela for doing a really good imitation of Christine Rose's portrayal of the character. Still, the shoehorning in of another member of the Pitrelli family, and the whole "there was a camp/prison for people with powers before too!" thing didn't really do much for me as a viewer.
24: Farewell Agent Friendzone. We know you had to go to clear the way for Jack to get together with Agent Chesty Freckles, but the stupid plot twist they used to kill you off still has me shaking me hear in disgust four days later. On the upside, we got the return of Jack's daughter Kim. As stupid as her character is on the show, I love Elisha Cuthbert. So I always enjoy seeing her. (A few months ago when he was here for a visit, I forgot to ask my cousin what's she like, since he used to work on the show. He said Kiefer's a cool guy.)
Monday
CHUCK: This was a pretty good episode, if a bit paint-by-numbers for the show. The whole, "you can't trust anybody" thing is wearing a bit thin.
HEROES: The tail end of this season is better than what came before it, but all of it feels a bit too little too late. I do have to give some credit to the actress playing young Angela for doing a really good imitation of Christine Rose's portrayal of the character. Still, the shoehorning in of another member of the Pitrelli family, and the whole "there was a camp/prison for people with powers before too!" thing didn't really do much for me as a viewer.
24: Farewell Agent Friendzone. We know you had to go to clear the way for Jack to get together with Agent Chesty Freckles, but the stupid plot twist they used to kill you off still has me shaking me hear in disgust four days later. On the upside, we got the return of Jack's daughter Kim. As stupid as her character is on the show, I love Elisha Cuthbert. So I always enjoy seeing her. (A few months ago when he was here for a visit, I forgot to ask my cousin what's she like, since he used to work on the show. He said Kiefer's a cool guy.)

BIG BANG THEORY: Oh good, another TV show about nerds where they take a potshot at the sort of people who go to comic book stores. I don't know where people who make TV shows shop for comics but every comics store I've ever been in (or worked at for about four years) has had a wide variety of customers, most of them normal people. The stereotypical "afraid of girls" mouthbreathers were only 50% of the clientelle at best. To their credit, they did make the guy working in the store fairly normal. Anyway, it was a pretty standard and amusing BBT.
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: The punchline to that "dirty" joke at the beginning of the episode wasn't *that* dirty. Still, it was a clever way to write Allyson Hannigan out of the show so she could take her maternity leave. Also, I hate the Ted character more and more each week. I may start fast forwarding through scenes he's in. I suspect that will increase my enjoyment of the show by a signifigant percentage.
CASTLE: I really don't have much to say about this show. I watch it, and then promptly forget about it until the next time I watch it. I think that's how old people watch TV, and that's why the CSI and LAW AND ORDER shows are so successful.
Tuesday
REAPER: This show continues on it's countdown to cancellation. At least they did away with the lame Sock's Japanese step-sister plotline. That whole thing was tired by the second episode of this season.
Wednesday
SCRUBS: I thought this was going to be the episode where we learn the Janitor's name. Instead it was a fakeout. I did really like Ted's acoustic version of Outkast's "Hey Ya". Thanks to the show's IMDB forum, I found a YouTube video of somebody else doing the same version. (I also got an MP3 of it by applying some Google-fu.)
BETTER OFF TED: I like this show. It's smart funny. So every week I expect to see it replaced with an episode of ACCORDING TO JIM.
LOST: A bit of a treading water while keeping it interesting going on in this episode. I'm pretty much ambivalent towards the "who didn't see that coming it's so obvious" connection that Miles has with the island. Really, the show has been good all season so far.
THE UNUSUALS: I'm not hooked, but I'll give it a few more episodes.
Thursday
THE INBETWEENERS: The bathroom scene seems like the exact sort of horrible thing my friends would do to me in high school. In fact, it's the sort of horrible thing my friends would do to me now that I'm in my thirties.
PARKS AND RECREATION: Caught about five minutes before deciding there are better things I could be doing with my time.
THE OFFICE: A pretty good episode by this season's standards. Pretty much the coolest thing was the trio over at the Michael Scott Paper Company catching throwing cheese puffs at each other and catching them in their mouths. Particularly the lovely Jenna Fischer. I'd love to stuff some things in her mouth. What? I meant a nice dinner. Maybe we could see a movie afterward.
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: The punchline to that "dirty" joke at the beginning of the episode wasn't *that* dirty. Still, it was a clever way to write Allyson Hannigan out of the show so she could take her maternity leave. Also, I hate the Ted character more and more each week. I may start fast forwarding through scenes he's in. I suspect that will increase my enjoyment of the show by a signifigant percentage.
CASTLE: I really don't have much to say about this show. I watch it, and then promptly forget about it until the next time I watch it. I think that's how old people watch TV, and that's why the CSI and LAW AND ORDER shows are so successful.
Tuesday
REAPER: This show continues on it's countdown to cancellation. At least they did away with the lame Sock's Japanese step-sister plotline. That whole thing was tired by the second episode of this season.
Wednesday
SCRUBS: I thought this was going to be the episode where we learn the Janitor's name. Instead it was a fakeout. I did really like Ted's acoustic version of Outkast's "Hey Ya". Thanks to the show's IMDB forum, I found a YouTube video of somebody else doing the same version. (I also got an MP3 of it by applying some Google-fu.)
BETTER OFF TED: I like this show. It's smart funny. So every week I expect to see it replaced with an episode of ACCORDING TO JIM.
LOST: A bit of a treading water while keeping it interesting going on in this episode. I'm pretty much ambivalent towards the "who didn't see that coming it's so obvious" connection that Miles has with the island. Really, the show has been good all season so far.
THE UNUSUALS: I'm not hooked, but I'll give it a few more episodes.
Thursday
THE INBETWEENERS: The bathroom scene seems like the exact sort of horrible thing my friends would do to me in high school. In fact, it's the sort of horrible thing my friends would do to me now that I'm in my thirties.
PARKS AND RECREATION: Caught about five minutes before deciding there are better things I could be doing with my time.
THE OFFICE: A pretty good episode by this season's standards. Pretty much the coolest thing was the trio over at the Michael Scott Paper Company catching throwing cheese puffs at each other and catching them in their mouths. Particularly the lovely Jenna Fischer. I'd love to stuff some things in her mouth. What? I meant a nice dinner. Maybe we could see a movie afterward.

30 ROCK: The Liz plotline was the only one that provided me with any laughs this week. The fight club resolution was a bit of a surprise. I was expecting to find out her new friends' outlet was something like shoplifting or setting homeless people on fire.
HARPER'S ISLAND: A body count of three this week, bringing the total up to five in two episodes. I finally figured out where I knew the lead actor from this week. He was Jake from JAKE 2.0! (Or as I now call it, CHUCK 1.0.) I'm beginning to think this show is less of a murder mystery and is instead a slasher movie dragged out over thirteen weeks.
HARPER'S ISLAND: A body count of three this week, bringing the total up to five in two episodes. I finally figured out where I knew the lead actor from this week. He was Jake from JAKE 2.0! (Or as I now call it, CHUCK 1.0.) I'm beginning to think this show is less of a murder mystery and is instead a slasher movie dragged out over thirteen weeks.
1 comments:
I absolutely loved the acoustic "Hey Ya" and I also enjoy Better Off Ted. I was watching it at work on Hulu till my boss cut me off so I've added it to my TiVo queue.
Post a Comment