Funny
More (somewhat stereotypical) fun with Popeye's chicken videos! It's tough being the only Popeye's in Minnesota. More people going apeshit about not being able to get Popeye's chicken. The way these people are reacting makes me wonder, do they give out crack rocks with each meal or something?
Technology
Obama's 100 days: high marks for science, low for privacy. Wired grades the president on tech issues.
Many Twitters are quick quitters: study. I'm not surprised that something that's the fad of the moment, probably won't retain most of the people trying it out right now. I've been on Twitter for a little over two years, and once all the fly by night users are gone, maybe the site will be faster again.
Entertainment
Adult Swim acquires original, better THE OFFICE. I wonder how long before they drop animated programming completely. I guess they're taking over from BBC America, who used to play this show to death.
Redstone: Leno doesn't stand a chance Viacom chief says CBS' 'CSI' will 'beat the hell out of him'. I have no plans to watch either, but I think it was stupid of NBC to throw away five hours or primetime a week on that hack Leno.
BETTER OFF TED creator responds to getting bumped by Obama press conference. A fun little video just like the Veridian Dynamics promos in each episode.
Obama speech to cost networks. "According to the latest ad pricing data from Nielsen, the Wednesday slot between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. generates some $21.5 million for the big four." No wonder Fox decided enough was enough and didn't carry the press conference.
TNT to offer originals on three nights this summer. LEVERAGE, the only show on TNT that I care about, returns July 15th.
How Wolverine's Hugh Jackman makes him a rough guy again. While he doesn't do as much crying as he did in X3, Jackman's Wolverine is still a complete pussy compared to the comic book version of Wolverine. The "real" Logan is the sort of ugly, mean bastard people cross the street to avoid.
Speaking of WOLVERINE, looks like the leaked workprint might not hurt box office as much as anticipated: WOLVERINE: 63%-65% of online tickets; sellouts mount for Thurs midnight shows. Although, I expect word of mouth to be a killer on this one. Any money it makes will be the first week.
Robert Zemeckis has a new idea for ROGER RABBIT 2. It's been over twenty years, is there really anybody holding out for a sequel?
Video Games
BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM PC specs revealed. I'll probably get this for the 360, but if I do decide to go with the PC version, I should be good to go.
PC STREET FIGHTER IV to use Games For Windows Live. Not much of a shock there. Still, PC gamers will be able to enjoy online play, so that's cool.
Ubisoft firmly believes SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION will hit by the holidays. I'd pretty much forgotten about this game. Wasn't it supposed to come out two years ago?
Yarr!!!
"Pirate Google" sets sail to show copyright hypocrisy. I don't think it's a secret that you can use Google to find torrents and other ways to download files. Still, a site like this can take a little of the work out of it for the regular user.
MPAA argues fighting piracy saves US jobs "Nervous after news that it had record breaking profits last year - again." Well, yeah, I suppose it makes it harder to lobby the government to protect your business model and give you money and tax breaks when you're making more money that ever.
France reintroduces three-strikes law, clash with EU likely. The dumb three-strikes law idea just won't die, will it?
MPAA pounds RealNetworks' Glaser on witness stand. "The movie studios, however, maintain there is no fair use right to copy a DVD whatsoever." Of course, they're going to say that. They want you to have to rebuy a disc if it gets damaged. They want to sell you a digital copy, instead of having you make your own off of a disc that you already bought.
RIAA's hostile takeover of the internet. It sounds like a conspiracy theory sort of thing. Well, until you actually look and see that it's *exactly* what is happening.
Movie critic to movie industry: wake up, start giving consumers what they want. I think decades upon decades of arrogance has led to the movie industry doing whatever they want and refusing to adapt to the times. It doesn't help that when they did try and do things like day and date DVD releases with theaters, that the theater owners put up a stink.
More (somewhat stereotypical) fun with Popeye's chicken videos! It's tough being the only Popeye's in Minnesota. More people going apeshit about not being able to get Popeye's chicken. The way these people are reacting makes me wonder, do they give out crack rocks with each meal or something?
Technology
Obama's 100 days: high marks for science, low for privacy. Wired grades the president on tech issues.
Many Twitters are quick quitters: study. I'm not surprised that something that's the fad of the moment, probably won't retain most of the people trying it out right now. I've been on Twitter for a little over two years, and once all the fly by night users are gone, maybe the site will be faster again.
Entertainment
Adult Swim acquires original, better THE OFFICE. I wonder how long before they drop animated programming completely. I guess they're taking over from BBC America, who used to play this show to death.
Redstone: Leno doesn't stand a chance Viacom chief says CBS' 'CSI' will 'beat the hell out of him'. I have no plans to watch either, but I think it was stupid of NBC to throw away five hours or primetime a week on that hack Leno.
BETTER OFF TED creator responds to getting bumped by Obama press conference. A fun little video just like the Veridian Dynamics promos in each episode.
Obama speech to cost networks. "According to the latest ad pricing data from Nielsen, the Wednesday slot between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. generates some $21.5 million for the big four." No wonder Fox decided enough was enough and didn't carry the press conference.
TNT to offer originals on three nights this summer. LEVERAGE, the only show on TNT that I care about, returns July 15th.
How Wolverine's Hugh Jackman makes him a rough guy again. While he doesn't do as much crying as he did in X3, Jackman's Wolverine is still a complete pussy compared to the comic book version of Wolverine. The "real" Logan is the sort of ugly, mean bastard people cross the street to avoid.
Speaking of WOLVERINE, looks like the leaked workprint might not hurt box office as much as anticipated: WOLVERINE: 63%-65% of online tickets; sellouts mount for Thurs midnight shows. Although, I expect word of mouth to be a killer on this one. Any money it makes will be the first week.
Robert Zemeckis has a new idea for ROGER RABBIT 2. It's been over twenty years, is there really anybody holding out for a sequel?
Video Games
BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM PC specs revealed. I'll probably get this for the 360, but if I do decide to go with the PC version, I should be good to go.
PC STREET FIGHTER IV to use Games For Windows Live. Not much of a shock there. Still, PC gamers will be able to enjoy online play, so that's cool.
Ubisoft firmly believes SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION will hit by the holidays. I'd pretty much forgotten about this game. Wasn't it supposed to come out two years ago?
Yarr!!!
"Pirate Google" sets sail to show copyright hypocrisy. I don't think it's a secret that you can use Google to find torrents and other ways to download files. Still, a site like this can take a little of the work out of it for the regular user.
MPAA argues fighting piracy saves US jobs "Nervous after news that it had record breaking profits last year - again." Well, yeah, I suppose it makes it harder to lobby the government to protect your business model and give you money and tax breaks when you're making more money that ever.
France reintroduces three-strikes law, clash with EU likely. The dumb three-strikes law idea just won't die, will it?
MPAA pounds RealNetworks' Glaser on witness stand. "The movie studios, however, maintain there is no fair use right to copy a DVD whatsoever." Of course, they're going to say that. They want you to have to rebuy a disc if it gets damaged. They want to sell you a digital copy, instead of having you make your own off of a disc that you already bought.
RIAA's hostile takeover of the internet. It sounds like a conspiracy theory sort of thing. Well, until you actually look and see that it's *exactly* what is happening.
Movie critic to movie industry: wake up, start giving consumers what they want. I think decades upon decades of arrogance has led to the movie industry doing whatever they want and refusing to adapt to the times. It doesn't help that when they did try and do things like day and date DVD releases with theaters, that the theater owners put up a stink.
0 comments:
Post a Comment