Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Links For 4-28-2009 Part 2 (of 2)

Since I had so many links today I decided to split my link post into two. This one is all of the entertainment and video games stuff.

Entertainment

THE IT CROWD, just won a BAFTA. Considering some of the competition, I know I would've had a hard time choosing a winner. Still, the show deserves it.

Fox rejects Obama's request for airtime. Somebody had to be the network to do it first. Obama is on primetime TV more than some of the shows I watch. Considering all of the lost millions in ad dollars everytime he takes over an hour of primetime, I expect the other networks are likely to follow in the future.

I wonder how this will effect SCRUBS, which was to have it's second to last episode on Wednesday night. Will that episode and the finale each be pushed back a week? Of course, it might not be the series finale, but the *season* finale: ABC in talks to renew SCRUBS. I thought for sure the show was done this year.

WATCHMEN outgrossed BY BATMAN & ROBIN. If my faith in humanity wasn't already non-existant this would've tipped me right over the edge.

Film director slams Microsoft as 'non-talent friendly'. You'd think when you hire the writer/director of SLITHER and writer of the remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD, you'd know what you're getting.

Universal to remake VIDEODROME. No! Why? Why?!?

HARPER'S ISLAND moving to Saturday night. I think the show will get killed off before we find out who the killer is supposed to be. I'll keep watching though.

Video Games

First two FALLOUT 3 DLC packs getting retail release. So that's good news for those of who would prefer buying the disc rather than downloading the stuff on Xbox Live. (Slow internet, bandwidth caps, etc being good reasons.) I don't understand why it isn't including the third DLC, which has game-improving patches as well. (Unless something changes between now and when the disc verison is released.)

Capcom finally announces MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 for XBLA/PSN. It's not a third game, but a lot of people will be happy about this. At least now it's not just a persistent rumor, right?

Square Enix: We take too long to make games. I pretty much only play their FINAL FANTASY games, and even then, I'm not too worried about how long they take to push those out. (I do find myself a bit frustrated with the slow localization of those games, leading to them coming out much later everywhere else compared to Japan.)

More details on new ALIENS VS PREDATOR. Looks like it could be a fun game. Definitely one to try before buying though.

Konami drops SIX DAYS IN FALLUJAH. I guess it's just "too soon" for some people. It's not too soon to make movies about it, just games. Although, I do suppose it was a questionable idea to make a video game about a war that's still going on. Wait a decade or so, there will be a glut of Iraq war games, maybe they'll replace World War II as the "ugh, another one" war game of choice.

Microsoft calling for year-round game releases. I think having game releases spread out a little better so all of the good stuff doesn't come out in the last three months of the year is a great idea. Not only would it make it more viable to buy more games. In the later portion of the year, particularly Decemeber, a lot of people have their money tied up in getting things for other people.

2 comments:

Equis said...

Harpers Island only has 10 episodes left they can't leave it be. Do you know what's taking its place?

Mike said...

According to THR, "CBS will air procedural repeats in the slot for two weeks and then the finale of CSI: NY on May 14".

Sitcoms and the occasional reality show aside, all of CBS' shows are crime procedural shows. Honestly, it's like a network that shows the same show over and over and just changes the actors once an hour.

Post a Comment