Monday, April 27, 2009

Links For 4-27-2009

Bea Arthur dies at 86. Wow, I guess now people will feel really bad about making nude Bea Arthur photo jokes. They probably won't stop, they'll just feel a little bad about it now.

Even Indians hate Indian call centers. Nice to see that some things are pretty universal.

Comcast: Come to Fancast! (Just not too often). Months later, and I'm still laughing about the absurdity of Comcast opening an online video site while instituting bandwidth caps. That's considering that streaming video being something that eats up a bunch of a bandwith. If Comcast's policy was like Time Warner's where they wanted to charge over-inflated prices per gig, instead of a "go over twice and we won't allow you to have internet through us for a year", I'd say they were trying to push people to go over the caps. Instead, I'm just questioning the logic. Maybe one hand doesn't know what the other is doing over there.

WOLVERINE to have multiple secret endings. Maybe that's where all of that twenty minutes of additional shooting comes into play. Either way, it's a silly gimmick, and won't make a bad movie any better.

LCD prices to drop another 20 percent in 2009. So LCD HDTV prices are dropping. Too bad with the economy in the toilet, they'll still be out of most people's price range.

JVC XV-PB1 Blu-ray player surprises with 1080p MPEG-4 MKV support. That's a bold movie. You can download a 720p or 1080p MKV rip of a Blu-Ray and it'll look pretty much identical to a store bought Blu-Ray. With this player you wouldn't need a HTPC or to do a conversion to make it play on a PS3.

GameFly files formal complaint against the USPS. Broken discs while their competitors get special treatment? Yeah, sounds like a good reason to complain. I've had my own issues with the post office in teh past, so I can sympathize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment