Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wednesday Night TV From 3-25-2009

SCRUBS: Maybe it's just because I hate the character of JD so much, but I prefer those episodes where somebody else does the narration. In this case, the narration and therefore the story, is seen through the eyes of three of the interns. I'm assuming this was back when they thought there was a chance of continuing the show after Braff leaves, so they wanted to make us like the newer people more. Knowing that the show most likely is done, and that at least one of these interns getting all the focus is moving on to the remake of NO HEROICS, sort of makes this attempt a bit of a moot point. Honestly, I'm just waiting for the show to end at this point and keep watching out of loyalty and nostalgia.

BETTER OFF TED: Episode two seemed less funny than the pilot. I dozed off for the last ten minutes of the show and the first two minutes of LOST.

LOST: I felt this episode was a bit of a letdown after a string of stronger episodes. The flashbacks return, but this time they jump around from the distant past to the recent, so they weren't so bad. My problem lies more with Sayid in this episode. For whatever reason, the writers decided to make Sayid, usually one of the more cooler and more intelligent characters on the show, an idiot in this episode. He knows he's stuck back in the 70s, yet he decides to be a prick about it instead of playing along with Sawyer's plan? A plan, that so far at least, has been working.


No, instead, he defies all conventional logic and apparently wants to get killed in the past. Or kill Ben. Which makes no sense, because if he had killed Ben in the past, he would've never met him in the future. It's obvious that either that "shocking" ending's gunshot wound to kid Ben will either be non-fatal or the island will fix him up. I don't feel that's much of a spoiler, since it was telegraphed what Sayid was going to try in the last episode, the second that he realized that the kid bringing him a sandwich was a young Ben.

The love triangle, sorry, love square looks like it's going to rear it's ugly head. Honestly, Sawyer is better off with Juliet. Jack and Kate have become douchebags over the last few seasons, and they deserve to be miserable together.


On the upside, it's always nice to see William Sanderson. (I know everybody thinks of him as Larry with his brothers Daryl and Daryl from NEWHEART. I remember him in that too, but I usually think of his parts in BLADE RUNNER or DEADWOOD.)

SOUTH PARK: I honestly thought Matt and Trey could've done something much funnier with parodying the current economic crisis.

4 comments:

Nawtykitty said...

I always immediately associate William Sanderson as the guy from Blade Runner as well. I know him from everything else, but that is what I always say when I see him. The same whenever I see Brion James (Leon).

Mike said...

Am I the only guy who sees those T-Mobile (and I think Comcast) commercials with Peter Jason, and immediately thinks of a John Carpenter movie?

Equis said...

I've never been a fan of Jack so if he ends up miserable and wandering the island alone it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Mike said...

They've sure managed to make the Jack character less likable as the seasons have worn on.

His bit of comeuppance upon returning to the island and finding those left behind were doing just fine and really didn't want or need him to come back was nice.

Post a Comment