Parents fight child porn threats against "sexting" teens. Where were these girls distributing nude pictures of themselves when I was in high school? Instead, all of the girls seemed uptight and had terrible rock hard hair-sprayed hair-dos.
New primary-school curriculum: World War II out, Twitter in? On one hand, teaching about technology is good, because it has practical applications today in day to day life. On the other, learning about history is equally important. After all, he (or she) who doesn't learn from history is doomed to repeat it. (Well, unless it's no longer taught. Then they wouldn't be repeating that class. Terrible joke.)
When having somebody transfer your data from an old phone to a new one, delete your self-porn. If a woman that looks like Danielle Lloyd drops off a phone, she should expect the nerds fixing it will probably snoop looking for pictures. Especially, in this care where Lloyd in addition to being a hot woman, is a celebrity in the UK. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just pointing out the reality and usage of common sense.
New primary-school curriculum: World War II out, Twitter in? On one hand, teaching about technology is good, because it has practical applications today in day to day life. On the other, learning about history is equally important. After all, he (or she) who doesn't learn from history is doomed to repeat it. (Well, unless it's no longer taught. Then they wouldn't be repeating that class. Terrible joke.)
When having somebody transfer your data from an old phone to a new one, delete your self-porn. If a woman that looks like Danielle Lloyd drops off a phone, she should expect the nerds fixing it will probably snoop looking for pictures. Especially, in this care where Lloyd in addition to being a hot woman, is a celebrity in the UK. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just pointing out the reality and usage of common sense.

Hackers deface Aussie censorship board's website. How do they expect to censor the internet, when they can't even properly protect their own web server?
Music industry folks worried about iTunes variable pricing. I think this is a bad idea, and will just push people who might've paid for downloads to just go the other route.
Windows 7 Release Candidate coming to public May 2009. Hopefully the final version will be out before the end of the year. I'll probably upgrade my main machine. My backup is too old to run 7, so I'll be sticking with XP there.
Entertainment
Matthew Vaughn Reteams With Mark Millar for American Jesus. The first (and so far only) miniseries from this group of miniseries, CHOOSEN, was pretty good. I liked the twist, which I won't give away here.
Cool Stuff: Jon Favreau's geek tour of his house
Will Tom return?. The "Tom" in question is Tom Baker, and the "return" is to DOCTOR WHO. Tom is probably the best known, and up until recently, best loved of all the Doctors. (Some people are saying Tennant has surpassed Tom in popularity, but I think time will change that. Kids today are attached to Tennant, but they might forget him when the next guy comes along.) Anyway, this rumor has been popping up since DOCTOR WHO returned to the air. I'd like to see it happen, but I've stopped getting my hopes up that we'll get a guest appearance out of my favorite Doctor.
Bill Hader Looking to Join Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in PAUL. Hader seems like he's becoming one of those guys like Rogan and Rudd, who gets cast in every comedy that's coming out. Still, I'm looking forward to PAUL.
New writer tapped to revise Ron Moore's THE THING? I still think a prequel to the John Carpenter flick is unnecessary. Still, I guess all of the grumbling over the ending of Moore's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA might have the studio worried.
Sweet! Sam Raimi has started writing EVIL DEAD 4. I'm assuming this is in addition to the remake of the first EVIL DEAD that's also in the works. Personally, I'm looking forward more to a sequel than a remake or reboot.
Joe Asakura's sleek CG look for GATCHAMAN. I grew up loving GATCHAMAN, which when I first saw it as a little kid in the late 70's'/early 80's was called BATTLE OF THE PLANETS. So seeing this poster is pretty cool...
Music industry folks worried about iTunes variable pricing. I think this is a bad idea, and will just push people who might've paid for downloads to just go the other route.
Windows 7 Release Candidate coming to public May 2009. Hopefully the final version will be out before the end of the year. I'll probably upgrade my main machine. My backup is too old to run 7, so I'll be sticking with XP there.
Entertainment
Matthew Vaughn Reteams With Mark Millar for American Jesus. The first (and so far only) miniseries from this group of miniseries, CHOOSEN, was pretty good. I liked the twist, which I won't give away here.
Cool Stuff: Jon Favreau's geek tour of his house
Will Tom return?. The "Tom" in question is Tom Baker, and the "return" is to DOCTOR WHO. Tom is probably the best known, and up until recently, best loved of all the Doctors. (Some people are saying Tennant has surpassed Tom in popularity, but I think time will change that. Kids today are attached to Tennant, but they might forget him when the next guy comes along.) Anyway, this rumor has been popping up since DOCTOR WHO returned to the air. I'd like to see it happen, but I've stopped getting my hopes up that we'll get a guest appearance out of my favorite Doctor.
Bill Hader Looking to Join Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in PAUL. Hader seems like he's becoming one of those guys like Rogan and Rudd, who gets cast in every comedy that's coming out. Still, I'm looking forward to PAUL.
New writer tapped to revise Ron Moore's THE THING? I still think a prequel to the John Carpenter flick is unnecessary. Still, I guess all of the grumbling over the ending of Moore's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA might have the studio worried.
Sweet! Sam Raimi has started writing EVIL DEAD 4. I'm assuming this is in addition to the remake of the first EVIL DEAD that's also in the works. Personally, I'm looking forward more to a sequel than a remake or reboot.
Joe Asakura's sleek CG look for GATCHAMAN. I grew up loving GATCHAMAN, which when I first saw it as a little kid in the late 70's'/early 80's was called BATTLE OF THE PLANETS. So seeing this poster is pretty cool...

Video Games
Anyone for GOD OF WAR III gameplay footage? I imagine the footage will disappear at any moment, if it hasn't already.
Activision: MODERN WARFARE has taken on a 'life of its own'. There's some speculation, that MODERN WAREFARE will become it's own series instead of serving as a sub-title of the CALL OF DUTY series. All I know is, I preferred the first MODERN WARFARE, and I have zero interest in another World War II game. So if they want to distance themselves from the COD name, which usually indicates a WW2 game, fine by me.
Quite a bit of activity on Game Politics today regarding the governer of Utah vetoing a bill on video games and movies.
Leading Utah newspaper applauds veto of Jack Thompson Bill. Apparently they realize that these bills waste time and tax payer money.
Jack Thompson lashes out at Utah guv following game bill veto. "If your veto is not overridden, then we will be back with a bill to ban the sale of these products altogether, in light of the recent massacres in Germany and in this country directly caused by these murder simulation products that are being copycatted by teens who are being fraudulently sold them." Well, I guess he's still batshit insane.
Finally, more Reactions to Utah veto....
Meanwhile, the man behind METAL GEAR, Hideo Kojima gave the keynote adress at the GDC (Game Developer's Conference)...
GDC: METAL GEAR SOLID's Hideo Kojima embraces Western tech. I remember reading a few months back how some Japanese developers, among them Kojima, were worried about losing ground to Western game developers.
METAL GEAR's Hideo Kojima talks conflict between games, stories. Let's face it, the man is infamous for thirty minute (or longer) cut scenes.
Hideo Kojima announces an announcement. I guess he'll be announcing a new game at E3. Seems silly to announce and announcement though.
Anyone for GOD OF WAR III gameplay footage? I imagine the footage will disappear at any moment, if it hasn't already.
Activision: MODERN WARFARE has taken on a 'life of its own'. There's some speculation, that MODERN WAREFARE will become it's own series instead of serving as a sub-title of the CALL OF DUTY series. All I know is, I preferred the first MODERN WARFARE, and I have zero interest in another World War II game. So if they want to distance themselves from the COD name, which usually indicates a WW2 game, fine by me.
Quite a bit of activity on Game Politics today regarding the governer of Utah vetoing a bill on video games and movies.
Leading Utah newspaper applauds veto of Jack Thompson Bill. Apparently they realize that these bills waste time and tax payer money.
Jack Thompson lashes out at Utah guv following game bill veto. "If your veto is not overridden, then we will be back with a bill to ban the sale of these products altogether, in light of the recent massacres in Germany and in this country directly caused by these murder simulation products that are being copycatted by teens who are being fraudulently sold them." Well, I guess he's still batshit insane.
Finally, more Reactions to Utah veto....
Meanwhile, the man behind METAL GEAR, Hideo Kojima gave the keynote adress at the GDC (Game Developer's Conference)...
GDC: METAL GEAR SOLID's Hideo Kojima embraces Western tech. I remember reading a few months back how some Japanese developers, among them Kojima, were worried about losing ground to Western game developers.
METAL GEAR's Hideo Kojima talks conflict between games, stories. Let's face it, the man is infamous for thirty minute (or longer) cut scenes.
Hideo Kojima announces an announcement. I guess he'll be announcing a new game at E3. Seems silly to announce and announcement though.
0 comments:
Post a Comment