Thursday, March 5, 2009

Links For 3-5-2009

Entertainment

'Exfoliate!' Dead Dalek dug out of U.K. mud. Coolest piece of found garbage ever. Ever.

Is Zack Snyder killing the comic book movie? I doubt it, but given some of the half-assed comic adaptations out there, we can only hope he does kill it.

Ben Affleck grants dying kid’s wish. I've never been a big believer in Affleck's acting abilities, but he comes across as a cool guy in interviews. This news story definitely cements my opinion that he's a decent human being. Still, my "make a wish" would've been something far cooler.

Shocker: Katherine Heigl is a bitch. I used to find her hot, but her infamous bitchiness has just totally ruined her for me.

Video Games

Celebrate the RESIDENT EVIL 5 launch with a bloodletting. One of the RESIDENT EVIL 5 launch events, in Los Angeles, is a blood drive.

Square Enix to buy out Eidos in May. My main concern is how this will impact the HITMAN franchise, which is probably Eidos' most successful franchise next to the TOMB RAIDER series.

Wipe off the ulaks, RIDDICK: ASSAULT ON DARK ATHENA demo available on Xbox LIVE. If I didn't let my Xbox Live gold membership lapse, I'd have snapped up this demo already.

Infinity Ward debunks rumored CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 features. Never trust random dudes on an internet forum.

Layoffs hit SAINTS ROW developer. Sucks for the people who lost their jobs. I hope this doesn't mean we won't get a SAINTS ROW 3.

The Soapbox

Hasbro lawyers threatening parody 'get out of... free' cards, which they previously allowed.... These are the kinds of stories that make me wish that copyright laws could be severely overhauled in favor of fair use. Of course, the people that want that sort of thing don't have the money to buy off the politicians to make that happen like the big companies on the other side of the equation do. So I guess that's that.

Audio watermarks locate camcording pirates. Camcorded movies suck. I wish they could use this same technology to detect idiots talking in movie theaters so they could shut those "customers" up. Other people in theaters are why I rarely go to the movies anymore.

What piracy? MPAA enjoying 17.5% increase in ticket sales. Remember these stats the next time these guys start crying about "piracy". They're a long way away from breaking out the tin cup and pencils.

0 comments:

Post a Comment