Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Links For 3-25-2009

Real-life Spider-Man rescues 8-year-old boy from ledge. If I'm ever in some sort of emergency, I'm totally holding out until the cop, fireman, or paramedic dresses up as a super hero.

Anonymous VPN announced by Pirate Bay. Something like this would certainly make somebody torrenting more anonymous and safe from potential legal threats.

RealNetworks: 'We didn't think' MPAA would sue over DVD copying software. What sort of utopian fantasyland do the guys over at RealNetworks live in? Hell, I'm waiting for the MPAA to sue me just for thinking about a scene I saw in a movie.

There may be hope for the recording industry, yet. One guy who seems pretty reasonable in the recording industry, and is willing to admit that that industry needs to change their business model? That means the guy probably won't last too long in that industry.

Don't call it DRM: Microsoft explains new gaming piracy tech. Basically it stops games from being played before their release date. In fact, it sounds an awful lot like Valve's Steam. I imagine it'll be cracked in no time at all.

Nielsen: Video games approaching "5th network" status. More people play video games during prime time than actually watch the real "5th network", the CW.

BBC Watchdog gets to the bottom of Xbox 360 disc scratching. Hint: Don't move your Xbox around while playing a game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment