TERMINATOR: Since I stopped watching the show back in the fall, I missed a bunch of back story. So the motivations of some of the characters this week were a bit confusing. This episode seemed better than the last few, so I'll give it that much. I'll probably give next week's episode a miss, since RESIDENT EVIL 5* comes out that day, and I'll be far too immersed in that to bother with this show.
DOLLHOUSE: This is probably the first episode of the show that I've enjoyed. I liked getting an answer to the question of "what happens if something corrupts or completely wipes the programming of an 'active' during a mission"? The "Helo agent of FBI" plot still seems to be going nowhere fast.
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Despite "nothing" happening again this week, this was a better episode than the two that preceeded it. While the big plots didn't advance forward, what we got managed to be interesting. Roselin in her hospital bed reminded me of Mary McDonnell's death scene back in INDEPENDENCE DAY, for some strange reason. Of course, we still haven't found out what Starbuck and invisible Baltar's imaginary Six are yet. Two more episodes to go. (Technically three, but the final two are being shown as one long episode.) I think the final fate of Galactica will be doing a kamikaze run into Cavil's basestar. It's the most logical and satisfying end for both.
* Not that anybody cares, but I was initially worried that Amazon wouldn't get the game to my house on release day. Even though I had pre-ordered, it showed the estimated arrival date as March 18th. (Even if they didn't ship it until release day, the 13th, I should've gotten it earlier than that, since I have free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime. I should've gotten it by the 16th or 17th.) Luckily, they added the "release-date delivery" option to the game's order page, so I updated the shipping on my pre-order.
DOLLHOUSE: This is probably the first episode of the show that I've enjoyed. I liked getting an answer to the question of "what happens if something corrupts or completely wipes the programming of an 'active' during a mission"? The "Helo agent of FBI" plot still seems to be going nowhere fast.
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Despite "nothing" happening again this week, this was a better episode than the two that preceeded it. While the big plots didn't advance forward, what we got managed to be interesting. Roselin in her hospital bed reminded me of Mary McDonnell's death scene back in INDEPENDENCE DAY, for some strange reason. Of course, we still haven't found out what Starbuck and invisible Baltar's imaginary Six are yet. Two more episodes to go. (Technically three, but the final two are being shown as one long episode.) I think the final fate of Galactica will be doing a kamikaze run into Cavil's basestar. It's the most logical and satisfying end for both.
* Not that anybody cares, but I was initially worried that Amazon wouldn't get the game to my house on release day. Even though I had pre-ordered, it showed the estimated arrival date as March 18th. (Even if they didn't ship it until release day, the 13th, I should've gotten it earlier than that, since I have free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime. I should've gotten it by the 16th or 17th.) Luckily, they added the "release-date delivery" option to the game's order page, so I updated the shipping on my pre-order.
2 comments:
I hope Dollhouse only gets better from here but I think I might be S.O.L.
Supposedly, according to the people working on the show, DOLLHOUSE gets better from the sixth episode on. Of course, one has to question that sort of strategy in the age of quick TV show cancellations.
Honestly, I think if the only two things on television at the time were DOLLHOUSE and a test pattern, the test pattern would get higher ratings.
Post a Comment