Friday, March 6, 2009

Links For 3-6-2009

I've noticed that the weather is supposed to get warmer in my area this weekend. I'm bummed about that because I prefer the cold. I know I'm in the minority on that one. Anyway, here's some links.

Entertainment

NBC: HEROES will return next fall. I guess NBC's lack of successful programming means that shows that did well but dropped most of their viewers get to stick around. Of course, every show that gets renewed (especially one with a fan backlash like HEROES) means there's less chance of something else getting renewed. Especially now that there's five less weeknight prime time spots left thanks to NBC throwing them away on Jay Leno (ugh). CHUCK fans are a bit worried that this means that show is doomed. At this point, I'd much rather see a third season of CHUCK than a fourth season of HEROES.

Hard times force fan to sell prized RINGS, STAR WARS costumes. You know times are tough when these dudes are giving up their "precious".

Net Things

Next Firefox version bumped to 3.5, another beta to come. I could be wrong, but I could swear the same thing happened with 2.1 being renamed 2.5. I might be remembering things incorrectly though.

MPAA claims RealNetworks 'destroyed' evidence in DVD copying case, used work of hackers. Another day another dumb lawsuit.

French telcos point out how costly it is if Sarkozy forces them to be copyright cops. Hardware and staff to monitor "three strikes rule" violators would cost the ISPs money. I doubt the content industry is willing to pony up the money for it.

Which state consumes the most online porn?. Unsurprisingly, the states that have the people that are so vocal about being against porn are the states where porn sells the best. Go figure.

Video Games

BIOSHOCK 2 warns "There's something in the sea". I hope the sequel lives up to the first game.

FALLOUT 3: THE PITT - Now with more Trogs. This DLC looks pretty cool. (No, I still haven't beaten FALLOUT 3. I got distracted by other things.)

EA site hints at ARMY OF TWO sequel ARMY OF TWO: TFD. Just the other day my buddy Tony bought the first game and we played it together splitscreen co-op. It seemed pretty alright.

0 comments:

Post a Comment