Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Night TV With Shoe Flying Action

I watched the President at 8, and I liked how he didn't go over by too much. (I half expected a, "Well, I know everybody wants to watch HEROES or 24, so I'm all done." joke from the nerd in chief.)

24: Wow, it felt like I was watching GRAND THEFT BAUER this week. Not much forward movement on the plot, but as far as filler episodes go, it had enough action that it wasn't boring.

HEROES: I thought it was a decent episode. I hope the character that it looks like they killed didn't get killed, just wounded. (Especially since I found this character to be one of the few bright spots of the previous "chapter".) I do find Nathan's sudden urge to lock everybody with powers up baffling, especially when just a few episodes ago he wanted to give *everybody* on the planet powers. At least the motivations of the other characters seem to be fairly consistent with the most recent episodes. Maybe the writers have realized that having the characters motivations change on the slightest whim was a big complaint a lot of viewers had. I predicted that Syler was getting a sidekick as soon as the introduced that kid and his mother. (I'm trying to remember where I've seen that kid before.) Also seeing a chunk of the core cast teaming up is a nice change of pace. I also found this tidbit, which I read after viewing the show, amusing and interesting...


BIG BANG THEORY: Haven't had a chance to watch this one yet, since I have to download it. (I can only watch one thing live and record another. Since the president bumped BBT to a 9:30 timeslot against HEROES and 24, something had to give.)

2 comments:

Equis said...

Sylar's new sidekick was on Aliens in America last year on the CW. And I also hope the person that was gunned down on Heroes makes a miraculous recovery.

Mike said...

I had to IMDB the actor. The other thing I know him from is the remake of THE HILLS HAVE EYES.

Spoilers...

According to multiple spoiler sites Daphne turns up later on, in captivity. Supposedly, not only do future episode blurbs confirm this (Peter and Matt go to rescue her), but she was seen shooting the show so recently that the footage can't have been for episodes that have already aired, like this week's episode. So unless they were flashback sequences, she's still around.

Post a Comment