Monday night TV in the order I watched it.
BIG BANG THEORY: A solid episode. I enjoy this show, even though it's a bit mediocre. I guess I just like nerdy things.
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: I'm still not feeling this season, and this episode didn't do anything to change that. It didn't suck, but it just wasn't anything special.
24: Much better than last week. We got some action and the plot moved forward a bit. What happens to the "first gentleman" wasn't unexpected. Hopefully next week will resolve the Bauer and friends fugitive thing and they can move along to the next plotline.
HEROES: Well, it wasn't a bad return. Of course, I'm waiting for them to screw it all up like every other time after they've had a good episode or two. Of course there are still the usual problems of the characters acting however the current plotline requires them to at the given moment. Motivations on this show rarely make sense, and if a character is acting in a way you don't like, they'll change their tune soon enough. I'm also unsure on how the US government thought they could nab a now de-powered Japanese citizen in his homeland. (Not to mention that as the CEO of a gigantic international corporation, surely somebody would notice his sudden disappearance.) Or why they'd fly to Japan to grab him, fly back to America with him, just to put him on a plane with the others so they could fly them all to whatever prison they have for the super-people. Wouldn't it have made more sense just to fly him straight from Japan to the prison? Or, you know, not to grab him at all considering he's not a US citizen and no longer has powers? Giving Parkman the ability to see the future is another dumb idea. It's not consistent with his already established abilities, and keeps the "something bad happens in the future" plots that are now stale going. Seriously, they should be more concerned with the present.
Bonus points for HEROES: I was amused by the Ink Spot's "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" playing in this episode, considering season one's plot. Plus it reminded me that I should finish FALLOUT 3.
Now let's pause for a blurry 3D picture of Yvonne Strahovski from tonight's episode of CHUCK... (click to enlarge)
BIG BANG THEORY: A solid episode. I enjoy this show, even though it's a bit mediocre. I guess I just like nerdy things.
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: I'm still not feeling this season, and this episode didn't do anything to change that. It didn't suck, but it just wasn't anything special.
24: Much better than last week. We got some action and the plot moved forward a bit. What happens to the "first gentleman" wasn't unexpected. Hopefully next week will resolve the Bauer and friends fugitive thing and they can move along to the next plotline.
HEROES: Well, it wasn't a bad return. Of course, I'm waiting for them to screw it all up like every other time after they've had a good episode or two. Of course there are still the usual problems of the characters acting however the current plotline requires them to at the given moment. Motivations on this show rarely make sense, and if a character is acting in a way you don't like, they'll change their tune soon enough. I'm also unsure on how the US government thought they could nab a now de-powered Japanese citizen in his homeland. (Not to mention that as the CEO of a gigantic international corporation, surely somebody would notice his sudden disappearance.) Or why they'd fly to Japan to grab him, fly back to America with him, just to put him on a plane with the others so they could fly them all to whatever prison they have for the super-people. Wouldn't it have made more sense just to fly him straight from Japan to the prison? Or, you know, not to grab him at all considering he's not a US citizen and no longer has powers? Giving Parkman the ability to see the future is another dumb idea. It's not consistent with his already established abilities, and keeps the "something bad happens in the future" plots that are now stale going. Seriously, they should be more concerned with the present.
Bonus points for HEROES: I was amused by the Ink Spot's "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" playing in this episode, considering season one's plot. Plus it reminded me that I should finish FALLOUT 3.
Now let's pause for a blurry 3D picture of Yvonne Strahovski from tonight's episode of CHUCK... (click to enlarge)

CHUCK: This was the 3D gimmick episode. Considering what a weak episode it was, I can see why NBC opted to switch to a special THE OFFICE (even if that was weak too) after the Superbowl, instead of this 3D CHUCK like they had originally intended. Personally, I hate the whole 3D thing. It looks terrible whether you're wearing the glasses or not. Either way you get a blurry picture where all of the colors are off. Plus it hurts my eyes (and the cardboard of the glasses chaffed my nose a bit.). I hope when season 2 hits Blu-Ray and DVD the episode either doesn't have the 3D effects applied or that they have two versions of the episode on the disc.
Bonus points though to this episode of CHUCK for "No touching!" and "The Final Countdown". (ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT references.) Also IG-88.
Bonus points though to this episode of CHUCK for "No touching!" and "The Final Countdown". (ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT references.) Also IG-88.
2 comments:
Yeah I'm super slow. I'm thinking I need to go blonde. I had no idea Hiro and Ando were back in Japan. I actually thought while I was watching the show "They have asian strip joints in Chinatown?" LOL!
After reading your comment, I had to double check to make sure they were in Japan. Their location was shown right on the screen!
Post a Comment