Gee, How Much Does A Bailed Out Executive Make, Anyway? The President wanting a $500,000 pay cap that prohibits bonuses for any companies that take additional taxpayer assistance is a good idea. Especially after reading numerous stories about the frivolous stuff these companies have been wasting that bailout money on.
The upcoming DOCTOR WHO specials will be in HD. So far the regular series hasn't been filmed that way because of budgetary concerns. Hopefully from series 5 on it will be in HD.
Congress approves digital TV delay. So I guess the barrage of commercials about this thing won't go away until summer.
RIP "Free Radical" as developers get a name change. A name change seems pointless, but I suppose it's better than the company going under completely like it seemed like it already did a few weeks ago.
Welcome to consumption-based broadband. I notice that Verizon's DSL, and more importantly, FiOS isn't listed among those ISPs with bandwidth caps. I wish FiOS would happen in my area already.
The upcoming DOCTOR WHO specials will be in HD. So far the regular series hasn't been filmed that way because of budgetary concerns. Hopefully from series 5 on it will be in HD.
Congress approves digital TV delay. So I guess the barrage of commercials about this thing won't go away until summer.
RIP "Free Radical" as developers get a name change. A name change seems pointless, but I suppose it's better than the company going under completely like it seemed like it already did a few weeks ago.
Welcome to consumption-based broadband. I notice that Verizon's DSL, and more importantly, FiOS isn't listed among those ISPs with bandwidth caps. I wish FiOS would happen in my area already.
3 comments:
Since I have one of the listed ones, I can say at least I have Charter.
while fios isnt coming to western ma for a long long time, verizon has opened up 7M service depending on how close you live to the CO
Of course the drawback to going back to DSL instead of holding out for FiOS is that 7 is decrease in speed from my current 12. (Which I think is Comcast's lowest tier in this area now.) If I got cut off for going over bandwidth, I'd probably go back to DSL since it's the only other broadband option in my area. But, as far as I'm concerned, paying the same amount for slower speeds isn't on the table until I get cut off for going over bandwidth.
Post a Comment