My internet buddy over at el Tardo wrote the funniest thing I've read so far this week. I'm re-posting the excerpt here and linking it instead of just linking to it, because his site is NSFW, and the post itself has a disturbing NSFW picture. (Seriously, it's steel wool to the eyes NSFW.)
If you're not at work and don't get offended by nekkid ladies, then read the rest of it here: Obamatron Conquers All
I personally missed the inauguration, but I've skimmed some of the news coverage. Two choice quotes that have me optimistic...
"For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non-believers."
Whoa! A politician (one who became president) actually referring to atheists and agnostics without making us* sound like lepers?!? That sort of thing is considered political suicide, and it's refreshing to see from a politician, let alone the current President of the United States.
"We will restore science to its rightful place and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality..."
A President who believes in scientific progress and doesn't want to stifle it to appease some imaginary magical man in the sky? Shocking! Also refreshing after eight years of a persistent dumbing down of this country (and planet) that we may never be able to dig ourselves out of.
* Despite being raised Catholic, I'm not religious. I guess that's slightly hypocritical of me, since when my brother died last year, I said that I hope that I'm wrong and that there is an afterlife. I also drink Diet Coke while scarfing down an entire pizza by myself. I never claimed that I didn't indulge in a bit of hypocrisy from time to time.
Wouldn’t it have been great if Obama would have been sworn in as President and then got up to the podium to deliver his speech…. he pulls out out a baseball cap, puts it on, with a slanted brim and attaches his fake gold tooth…. smiles and says something like… AAAAAaaahhhhh YAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa Bama in the Hizouse!
If you're not at work and don't get offended by nekkid ladies, then read the rest of it here: Obamatron Conquers All
I personally missed the inauguration, but I've skimmed some of the news coverage. Two choice quotes that have me optimistic...
"For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non-believers."
Whoa! A politician (one who became president) actually referring to atheists and agnostics without making us* sound like lepers?!? That sort of thing is considered political suicide, and it's refreshing to see from a politician, let alone the current President of the United States.
"We will restore science to its rightful place and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality..."
A President who believes in scientific progress and doesn't want to stifle it to appease some imaginary magical man in the sky? Shocking! Also refreshing after eight years of a persistent dumbing down of this country (and planet) that we may never be able to dig ourselves out of.
* Despite being raised Catholic, I'm not religious. I guess that's slightly hypocritical of me, since when my brother died last year, I said that I hope that I'm wrong and that there is an afterlife. I also drink Diet Coke while scarfing down an entire pizza by myself. I never claimed that I didn't indulge in a bit of hypocrisy from time to time.
4 comments:
Is el Tardo Astro? The design of that website really seems like him.
Indeed it is.
Steel wool indeed, ouch
Hey, I gave fair warning!
Post a Comment