RIAA fears 'manipulation' of courtroom web broadcast. Even without editing, they know they'll look bad to the general public (who already hate them). It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.
Piracy positive for economy? Essentially, a study says that people that download are more likely to buy things than people who don't download. I definitely fall in that "try before I buy" category. My huge DVD (as well as Blu-Ray and CD) collection attests to that. I've got tons of stuff that I never would've bought if I hadn't checked it out via download first. (Pretty much any foreign show or movie, as well as tons of domestic stuff.)
FCC wants big fines for cable giants over channel switching. It's strange how the current regime at the FCC has been making positive moves for regular consumers on their way out. I much prefer the FCC giving Comcast a hard time for screwing their customers than the FCC that fines people for saying "filthy words".
Many users would disregard threatening emails from ISPs. I don't even know my Comcast email address. I've always had domain emails and now Gmail.
Piracy positive for economy? Essentially, a study says that people that download are more likely to buy things than people who don't download. I definitely fall in that "try before I buy" category. My huge DVD (as well as Blu-Ray and CD) collection attests to that. I've got tons of stuff that I never would've bought if I hadn't checked it out via download first. (Pretty much any foreign show or movie, as well as tons of domestic stuff.)
FCC wants big fines for cable giants over channel switching. It's strange how the current regime at the FCC has been making positive moves for regular consumers on their way out. I much prefer the FCC giving Comcast a hard time for screwing their customers than the FCC that fines people for saying "filthy words".
Many users would disregard threatening emails from ISPs. I don't even know my Comcast email address. I've always had domain emails and now Gmail.
0 comments:
Post a Comment