Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Links For 1-20-2008

Rob Thomas confirms VERONICA MARS movie! As much as I loved both the show and Kristen Bell, I don't have high expectations. Everytime a show gets canned now overzealous fans expect a movie instead. I guess the hope is that a failed TV show turned into a movie will lead to the show coming back. That didn't work so well with FIREFLY, SERENITY was a flop. A good movie, but a flop in the box office is still a flop. In fact, off the top of my head, the only sucessful cancelled TV to movie transition was STAR TREK. (I'm sure there were others but any names are escaping me at the moment.) Still, I'll see this movie if it ever gets made.


FCC asks if Comcast slows rivals' VoIP traffic. They must. They slow down the traffic of any application using your max bandwidth for x amount of minutes during "peak usage times". Basically, they admitted awhile ago that they'd stop throttling just Bit Torrent and start throttling everything.

The Doctor's new assistant may be bionic. Rumor is that if Michelle Ryan does get cast as the Doctor's assistant it won't be for the new 11th Doctor, but as one of the 10th Doctor's temporary companions in one of the specials this year.

2 comments:

Equis said...

So I kind of love you right now. You have absolutely no idea how happy you made me with the VM news. Flop or not I’m so there.

Mike said...

Oh, I plan on seeing a movie if it gets made.

I just think it's odd that every time a show gets cancelled for low ratings that its fans now automatically expect and demand a movie version.

Post a Comment