Monday, January 12, 2009

24 Is Back

After a year off, 24 is back. So far, at least judging from the first episodes, it's business as usual.

This season's lacking a few things for me that have nothing to do with the show. The first is I feel a bit sad watching it since it was tied with THE OFFICE for my brother's favorite show. The other thing missing is the fun little game I had while watching the show where I'd try to spot scenes with my cousin (he played a guard for a few seasons). He didn't work on the show this season.


Here's some thoughts, avoiding spoilers as best as I can.

It only took until hour three to bring back our two missing regulars (Chloe and Bill). I'm glad they didn't drag things out. They did pull a bit of a surprise by not including either actor's names in the opening credits of episode 3. Sneaky! I like it.

It also only took until the third episode for this season's "Jack working against the government because he knows something they don't" plotline to start.

The new female FBI agent played by Annie Wersching is pretty attractive. (She sort of reminds me of Jan from THE OFFICE.) I'm digging the whole business outfit look, and you can tell she's packing a nice rack under that get up. (Yeah, I'm a bit of a pig. So what?) If she winds up being Jack's love interest it's a definite step up from Audrey. (I just don't find Kim Raver to be particularly attractive.) Anyway, another benefit of this character is that she doesn't seem like she'd be in need of rescue constantly.


It's not hard to figure out the Tony twist. In fact, it's so obvious that I don't feel it's much of a spoiler to figure out what he's up to and who he's working with.

Finally, the explanation for Tony's resurrection doesn't hold up that well if you think about it too hard. So it's best not to. If you don't want to know how, skip the next paragraph.

Spoiler: Somebody at CTU slipped him some drugs that made him appear dead. I don't know who at CTU could've done that since pretty much everybody in the building except the people in the briefing room, Samwise and his security guard, three people in the medical ward, and Bill in his office, were killed off during that gas attack in season 5. (I vividly recall this particular scene since my cousin was one of the few survivors, seen standing in the back of the briefing room.) I don't know who would've been able to pull this switcheroo off.

Other things probably occurred to me while watching the show, but I've got the memory of a tick.

1 comments:

Equis said...

I’m not feeling the new FBI Agent. She use to play an extremely annoying character on General Hospital and I have separation issues…as in I don’t know how.

Post a Comment