Sunday, December 28, 2008

Links For 12-28-2008

I spent my entire Saturday watching the NCIS marathon on USA. I managed to tear myself away from that long enough to post some links.

First up are two versions of the same news story...

Man shot for talking during BENJAMIN BUTTON movie screening.

Man brings vigilante justice to his local cineplex.

That guy should be given a parade. It's about time somebody started punishing people who talk in theaters! (Something like stun gun probably would've done the trick though.) That's sensible violence, unlike our next story...

Two brothers fight over a controller, one brother wins. I can't recall ever resorting to stabbing anybody to get my turn at a game.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT creator: Michael Cera is holding up the movie. I don't see why he objects to playing George Michael Bluth again. He's been playing that exact same character in everything he's made since the show ended. (Yeah, I'm hardly the first person to note that Cera has zero acting range.)

Judge rules in Fox's favor over WATCHMEN copyright interest. Well, that judge is really unpopular with nerds right now.

Comcast sued for not selling set-top boxes, CableCARDs. Basically the rental charges pay for the box after only a few months of the rental fee, the rest is pure profit for the cable company.

RIAA's new policy isn't about deterrence, it's about sidestepping due process

ISP tells RIAA piracy protection doesn't come free. Who should have to foot the bill for the extra staff and software to monitor for "copyright infringement"?

This next bit should surprise absolutely nobody: Hollywood wants in on ISP "graduated responses," too.

1 comments:

Nawtykitty said...

Why would George Michael not want to play George Michael? WTF? He is THE SAME CHARACTER in every movie he has been in. Thank you for pointing that out. I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this when I saw him in Superbad, Juno, and Nick and Nora.

The other thing is that when we went to go see Frost / Nixon, my wife saw the cardboard Watchmen characters, and then said that I had told her it was going to be delayed. I told her that it is tied up in court, but they were still going to market it just in case. Well, I guess you can almost kiss this movie goodbye. But we'll see what happens. I've been talking about this movie so much, that my wife is even starting to get interested. Bastards...

Post a Comment