Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Reminder For My Fellow Nerds

The new series of THE IT CROWD starts on Friday. So make sure to watch (or "illegally" download) it this week.


If you're in the UK you might want to pick show's earlier series on DVD. If you're in the US you can import it, you'll just need an all-region player that can convert the PAL signal on the discs to NTSC. (Check your player over at VideoHelp to see if it can do those things.) Importing is probably the best bet because I've been waiting for a US release of this show for a few years now, and even though it was announced a few years back, it still hasn't come out.

THE IT CROWD series 1 on DVD
THE IT CROWD series 2 on DVD
THE IT CROWD series 1 and 2 box set on DVD

I've got the two separate series 1 and 2 discs, so I'm not sure if it's just the two separate discs in a box or if it's got different packaging.

The extras and even the menus really make these discs worth picking up.

If you're importing and not sure about the exchange rate between pounds and dollars (or other currency) check out XE exchange rate calculator, which is really handy.

3 comments:

Nawtykitty said...

I discovered that IFC is featuring The IT Crowd. I've been DVRing the series. Being an IT person myself, I totally can relate. I have my closet of an office that sometimes feels like their basement. Whoever wrote the show knew what it is like to work in IT for a big company!

http://www.ifc.com/on-ifc/itcrowd/

DarckkorioN said...

Excellent! I love that show.

Mike said...

I never really watch it on IFC. Sometimes I'll catch little bits of it on there.

My only gripe about the show is the very short six episode seasons. But at least I've got something to look forward to for the next six Friday nights.

I find it slightly ironic now that one of my brother and mine's favorite episodes was the funeral one. "FAAAATHEEEEER!!!"

Post a Comment