Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Middle Of The Week And All Is (Mostly) Well

My birthday was, for the most part, thankfully uneventful. I've already burned through much of the birthday money that I've received. (I ordered the first season of CHUCK on Blu-Ray from Amazon, and the complete (so far) series 1-5 of PEEP SHOW on DVD from Amazon UK.)

One of my friends took me out to see QUANTUM OF SOLACE, so that was really cool. I was actually supposed to go with another friend on Saturday night, but I guess I called him back too late (I was out to dinner with my parents when I got his text) and that fell through. On top of that another friend had two free passes for the movie, and I had a free pass of my own that came with my FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE Blu-Ray. Those free passes weren't for either of the two theaters locally that I normally go to, but it'd be a bit of a shame for them to go to waste. So I might see the flick again. I'll probably write a little review of QoS later on.

Since I was out, I didn't see THE SHIELD yet. I PVRed it, and I downloaded it as well. I skimmed the download for highlights, and I have to say I did watch a large chunk of the last 10-15 minutes of the episode. It absolutely floored me. (If you saw the episode, you know what I'm talking about.) Next week's finale should be amazing. I know I say this frequently, but THE SHIELD is the one TV show that's run for multiple seasons (seven) and never took a dip in quality.

Wednesday is a dead TV night until January, so I'll probably watch this week's SHIELD and SOUTH PARK tonight.

Tomorrow I go for my medical tests. I'm still a little stressed about that, but it'll be good to just get that over with. Then I can move along to the stress of Thanksgiving, and after that shopping for Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment