Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Monday Where I Did Something Besides Just Watch TV (But I Did That Too)

Well, I seem to have calmed down from my hypochondria a bit on Monday.

I spent a good chunk of the afternoon hanging with my friend Tony. He went to pick up FALLOUT 3 for the Xbox 360 at Best Buy and we grabbed lunch before adjourning to his place to chill for a few hours. While at Best Buy I suffered some sort of brain damage and assumed it was Tuesday and I found myself looking around for the Blu-Rays of the first season of CHUCK and FIREFLY. Then I realized that I wouldn't be able to see how much those two items are going for at BB since they weren't coming out until the next day. Then I stopped myself from spending $6 on THE BLACK HOLE on DVD. I now regret this.

I made up for those two blunders by spending the rest of Monday night hooked up to the TV.

BIG BANG THEORY: I really liked this week's episode. This show is pretty hit or miss, and I think this week definitely landed in "hit" territory.

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: As usual, the Barney plotline was the best one of the show. "No Father's Day" should be an actual holiday for those of us guys who haven't (and don't particularly plan on) reproduced.

PRISON BREAK: Honestly, I thought this season started strong, but the show is starting to lose me. According to some spoilers, supposedly the show's new status quo will be shaken up again in the near future. I have to say, if things keep up the way they are, I won't mind this show disappearing while 24 takes over its timeslot.

HEROES: Some of the timelines don't quite add up, but it was interesting seeing a bit more backstory. Although some of that backstory definitely felt shoe-horned in without much regard to previous episodes. The episode did end with a helluva cliffhanger though, so I'll give it some bonus points for that.

CHUCK: This has pretty much become my favorite of the Monday night shows this year. Surprisingly, the Buy More crew got less screentime this week. Normally their B-storyline is what distracts a bit from the more formulaic aspects of the show. Anyway, this time around we met the girl who broke Chuck's heart and of course she's the current roadblock to the show's "will they or won't they" scenario.

0 comments:

Post a Comment