Roger Moore dislikes the more violent James Bond. That's the same Roger Moore that was dealing out pimp slaps in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN. I like some of the Moore movies, and think with some editing (and better writing) even some of the stupider ones he made could be good movies. I think old Rog is just pissed that Craig seems to be the most well-received Bond since Connery.
Valve tried to trick HALF LIFE 2 hacker into fake job interview. That didn't work, but eventually they got the guy who leaked the game's source code before it came out.
Economy grinch may pinch Blu-ray format. Is anybody really surprised to find this out? Blu-Ray, and HD in general, are awesome, but even before the current economic crunch was over-priced.
Of course, part of the reason HD equipment, not just the discs, are so expensive is obvious: LG, Sharp plead guilty to LCD price-fixing, take $585m fine.
Ridley Scott *IS* directing MONOPOLY! I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to base a movie on that board game or how they managed to get Ridley Scott to direct. I honestly can't comprehend such things.
Details revealed: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's road trip comedy PAUL. I'm sure I'll see this.
First 11 minutes of RESIDENT EVIL: DEGENERATION is zombierific!. Geez, couldn't they have splashed out a bit and made some computer animation that doesn't look like the cut scenes from a Playstation 1 game? I mean, it's serviceable, but CGI can look better. I'll watch it either way since I love me some RESIDENT EVIL. (Plus it's still bound to be leagues better than those awful live action abortions.)
MY OWN WORST ENEMY and LIPSTICK JUNGLE are cancelled. Neither of these surprised me. I tried MY WORST ENEMY and I didn't care for it. You know you're in trouble when you've got a show with what sounds like a neat premise and it's set in the spy genre and you can't score me as a viewer. (MOWE seems like a premise that would've worked better as a movie, but as a sustainable TV series, I just didn't see the concept having legs.) As for LIPSTICK JUNGLE, I never tried that one since it screamed shitty SEX IN THE CITY clone, and we all know how much I loathed that show. I'm shocked it even got a second season when that other show that was the exact same sort of thing on ABC got axed without a full season. (I guess the actress who played Audrey on 24 is free to try going back there. I don't know what the hot Asian chick from the original 90210 will do now.)
PRISON break may be on the way. So there might be two extra episodes this season to wrap up the show as a whole and it's done. I've been watching the show since before day one (I downloaded the pilot when it leaked), but if it goes I can't imagine being too bummed out about it. I'm amazed that they've gotten four years out of what was originally supposed to be a one season thing.
Valve tried to trick HALF LIFE 2 hacker into fake job interview. That didn't work, but eventually they got the guy who leaked the game's source code before it came out.
Economy grinch may pinch Blu-ray format. Is anybody really surprised to find this out? Blu-Ray, and HD in general, are awesome, but even before the current economic crunch was over-priced.
Of course, part of the reason HD equipment, not just the discs, are so expensive is obvious: LG, Sharp plead guilty to LCD price-fixing, take $585m fine.
Ridley Scott *IS* directing MONOPOLY! I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to base a movie on that board game or how they managed to get Ridley Scott to direct. I honestly can't comprehend such things.
Details revealed: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's road trip comedy PAUL. I'm sure I'll see this.
First 11 minutes of RESIDENT EVIL: DEGENERATION is zombierific!. Geez, couldn't they have splashed out a bit and made some computer animation that doesn't look like the cut scenes from a Playstation 1 game? I mean, it's serviceable, but CGI can look better. I'll watch it either way since I love me some RESIDENT EVIL. (Plus it's still bound to be leagues better than those awful live action abortions.)
MY OWN WORST ENEMY and LIPSTICK JUNGLE are cancelled. Neither of these surprised me. I tried MY WORST ENEMY and I didn't care for it. You know you're in trouble when you've got a show with what sounds like a neat premise and it's set in the spy genre and you can't score me as a viewer. (MOWE seems like a premise that would've worked better as a movie, but as a sustainable TV series, I just didn't see the concept having legs.) As for LIPSTICK JUNGLE, I never tried that one since it screamed shitty SEX IN THE CITY clone, and we all know how much I loathed that show. I'm shocked it even got a second season when that other show that was the exact same sort of thing on ABC got axed without a full season. (I guess the actress who played Audrey on 24 is free to try going back there. I don't know what the hot Asian chick from the original 90210 will do now.)
PRISON break may be on the way. So there might be two extra episodes this season to wrap up the show as a whole and it's done. I've been watching the show since before day one (I downloaded the pilot when it leaked), but if it goes I can't imagine being too bummed out about it. I'm amazed that they've gotten four years out of what was originally supposed to be a one season thing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment