Monday, October 13, 2008

Thank You

I haven't been spending much time at all on the internet this past week for obvious reasons. I have been checking my mail every day or two and I just want to thank everybody for their kind thoughts and words via comments on here and through several private emails. It really has meant a lot to me. I just wish I had the right words to express exactly how much. Everyone on here and in real life has just been so amazingly nice to me and my family this past week. This entire thing has been absolutely soul-crushing, and the support has been a real help and a bright spot.

I'd like to slowly start writing on here again in the next few days. I definitely don't want to turn this site (or, for that matter, my life) into some sort of morbid pity party or anything like that. I'm trying to get as "back to normal" as possible. I know that's what my brother would've wanted. That having been said, it is going to take awhile for me to get back to normal, so I'm sure that I'll be referencing him in some posts for awhile. Mostly because the things that I usually write about are things that he and I both liked, and often watched together. There's also a lot of things we were both looking forward to coming out in the near future. So when I write about those movies or games, it's just natural that it'll remind me of how those are things that we just assumed that we'd see or play together. So you might have to bear with me a bit for a little while.

Again, I just want to say thanks and that, barring another unforeseen disaster, I'll be back (very) soon.

2 comments:

Nawtykitty said...

I think everyone would understand if you were to reference your brother in a post. I don't think anyone would think it to be a "pity party". Besides posting about what is going on in your world is the whole point of the site. I'm glad to see that you are back. I still am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

DarckkorioN said...

I can't say for sure since I don't know what you're feeling and I certainly haven't been there before. That said, I imagine that a lot of the writing will be particularly difficult given what you said about how you both enjoyed and did a lot of the things together. When someone is such a huge part of your life and then they're not, nearly everything is a constant reminder. Hell, even the things they weren't part of remind you because you think "hey, this isn't reminding me. ergh, damn you brain!" I just can't imagine how difficult this is.

Post a Comment