The shows are slowly starting to trickle in. This week, there were three shows to watch on Monday night.
TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNER CHRONICLES had its season premiere. TTSCC is one of those shows I watch if there's nothing else on, but don't care enough about to download if I miss it, or buy on DVD. Once that 8pm slot becomes more crowded, I'm pretty much done with the show unless it's on when nothing else is on again. Anyway, this episode had the resolution to last season's cliffhanger and set up a new arc. I spent a good chunk of the episode trying to decide whether or not I find Shirley Manson attractive or not.
TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNER CHRONICLES had its season premiere. TTSCC is one of those shows I watch if there's nothing else on, but don't care enough about to download if I miss it, or buy on DVD. Once that 8pm slot becomes more crowded, I'm pretty much done with the show unless it's on when nothing else is on again. Anyway, this episode had the resolution to last season's cliffhanger and set up a new arc. I spent a good chunk of the episode trying to decide whether or not I find Shirley Manson attractive or not.

I also tried to figure out what sort of accent she was going for. It didn't sound American and it didn't sound Scottish. I guess it could've been her natural accent mostly, but just trying to make it clearer for Americans to understand. (Well, clearer for stupid Americans that can't decipher English in non-American accents anway.) I wasn't the slightest bit surprised by who/what her character turned out to be though.
PRISON BREAK was a pretty standard episode. A little slower in the pacing than last week, but still quite a bit happened. The fake out about the new status quo going away so quickly was pretty obvious though.
WEEDS had it's penultimate episode of the season. That's quite a nasty situation that's been set up for next week's finale. It'll be interesting to see how everything turns out.
PRISON BREAK was a pretty standard episode. A little slower in the pacing than last week, but still quite a bit happened. The fake out about the new status quo going away so quickly was pretty obvious though.
WEEDS had it's penultimate episode of the season. That's quite a nasty situation that's been set up for next week's finale. It'll be interesting to see how everything turns out.
4 comments:
I thought the ending of TSCC was a nice surprise.
The fact that she was going to turn out to be a terminator seemed really really obvious to me. However, her turning out to be one of the liquid metal terminators was a bit of a surprise.
Do you get the feeling that the Sarah Connor Chronicles is really mucking up the existing story? Forget T3, which didn't line up with the first two movies. This is tossing the whole continuity into a right mess.
In my opinion the whole franchise falls apart if you think about it too much.
The first TERMINATOR movie effectively creates a paradox, since John Connor would've had to have already existed and had a different father than Kyle Reese in order to send Reese back to impregnate his mother. By setting these movies up with the intention of creating a loop where a man from the future fathers the ultimate solider of the future, they effectively cut off the chance that they could change what happens.
For about a decade, until the third movie came out, I always thought that the ending to TERMINATOR 2 should have been different. That's making the assumption that the events in the film hadn't been in vain and that they had been successful in altering the future by destroying the evidence that allowed Skynet to be developed. I thought that had they altered the future, either the teenaged John Connor blinks out of existence completely or suddenly he looks like somebody else. (He'd look like what the original, non-Reese fathered John looked like.) Of course, once the third movie came out we all know they failed to change the future.
The third movie just hammers home the futility of the whole, "stop Skynet before it starts," struggle of the movies. At best, all the events of the three movies had done is delay things a bit.
That stuff is just the tip of the iceberg. So, it's best not to think too much about these movies, let alone a TV spin-off that I'm sure is considered some sort of alternate timeline or whatever.
Post a Comment