Friday, September 19, 2008

Links For 9-19-2008

Federal lawsuits take on the humble hyperlink. Yeah, some people want to make linking to things without permission something you could be sued for doing.

Latest study highlights how damaging intellectual property has been to biotech. Copyright bullshit doesn't just have a negative effect on entertainment media, it also stifles scientific innovation.

Large Hadron Collider - And Halo Was Its Name-O. HALO? Really? If it had to be named after a video game, did it have to be named after one of the most over-rated game series of all time? (Personally, I would've gone with something related to the HALF-LIFE series, since that would be far more appropriate.)

Digital rights groups sue for access to secret ACTA treaty. I doubt they'll get anywhere, but let's hope ACTA never passes.

SNK considering METAL SLUG HD makeover. That would be great. I love the old METAL SLUG arcade games.

William Shatner Responds to Star Trek Director JJ Abrams. Shatner replies to the excuses as to why he's not in the upcoming STAR TREK prequel movie. Personally, I just dig that Bill Shatner refers to the year as twenty-oh-eight. I think we should all start switching to twenty-(whatever year).

0 comments:

Post a Comment