CBS News: Video games might actually be good for kids. Video games are like any other form of entertainment media. Some of it is suitable for kids, and some isn't. It'd be nice if the mainstream news media catches on to that little fact.
RCN drops newsgroups immediately, Comcast Starting Oct 25th. I haven't used their usenet service in about eight years, but from what I recall RCN used to have a decent news service. I never used Comcast's usenet since it had something like a 2 gig month limit. I used to just shell out for a premium usenet provider. (Although I'm currently foregoing usenet because of budgetary constraints.)
Surprise! Universal music revenues up 5% thanks to downloads. Too bad the record companies didn't start waking up sooner. Even now, most of them still have their heads planted firmly between their butt cheeks.
Eoin Colfer to write sixth HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE book. This just doesn't sound like a good idea.
Company to help content owners "monetize" illegal content. I don't see how that will work, but I look forward to laughing when that company goes out of business.
RCN drops newsgroups immediately, Comcast Starting Oct 25th. I haven't used their usenet service in about eight years, but from what I recall RCN used to have a decent news service. I never used Comcast's usenet since it had something like a 2 gig month limit. I used to just shell out for a premium usenet provider. (Although I'm currently foregoing usenet because of budgetary constraints.)
Surprise! Universal music revenues up 5% thanks to downloads. Too bad the record companies didn't start waking up sooner. Even now, most of them still have their heads planted firmly between their butt cheeks.
Eoin Colfer to write sixth HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE book. This just doesn't sound like a good idea.
Company to help content owners "monetize" illegal content. I don't see how that will work, but I look forward to laughing when that company goes out of business.
2 comments:
i love that the major's are now suddenly rediscovering vinyl. they're reissuing old shit, and charging $20 for a fucking LP. i've collected vinyl for a while, and started because it was much cheaper than shitty cds, sounded better, and looked great. now i guess it's the trendy thing and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and paying ridiculous sums of money for the stuff. helped me though, since i sold some old shit i've had and didn't like that much for 10x what i paid for it.
The Hitchhikers' series of books was wearing thin when Douglas Adams was still alive, tacking more on now isn't going to improve anything. But they can never change the fact that the first two books and even to some extent the third were pure comedic genius.
Post a Comment