Tuesday, September 23, 2008

DVD Tuesday For 9-23-2008: An Offer You Can't Refuse Edition

I know what you're thinking. "Aw crap! It's that time of the week where Mike shills DVDs and Blu-Rays." You would be correct for thinking that! See, if you buy stuff through my links I make money. I like making money. I also like spendning money, which is really hard to do when you don't make money. It's all simple science, really.

This week the only really worthy piece of entertainment hitting plastic is THE GODFATHER TRILOGY, which is finally coming out in HD. It's been remastered, so of course there's a standard def DVD version as well. I hope it looks better than the last DVD box set. The first version of these movies on DVD had really terrible video quality, which I used to think was either by choice or because the source films were so old. Anyway, THE GODFATHER and its first sequel are absolute classics and masterpieces of cinema. I think viewing them is one of the requirements for manhood. (Ladies should also watch them so they know what men are talking about.) The third one, well... not so much. You probably should watch it anyway, because you've invested so much time into the other movies. Plus it does have that one classic line, "Everytime I think I'm out... they pull me back in."


Pick up THE GODFATHER - The Coppola Restoration Giftset on Blu-Ray or THE GODFATHER - The Coppola Restoration Giftset on DVD. You can also buy the movies seperately. (If you do, it'd be awesome if you did it via the search boxes on the sidebar!) Really though, box sets are usually a better deal.

No TV shows on DVD this week. Well, one. Friday The 13th - The Series: The First Season, for those of you who miss mediocre syndicated horror from the late 1980s!

Want to get your Amazon orders faster? Sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. I've had it for years and I love it. I also get a small commision if you do that. Do it! I command you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment