FRINGE hasn't really grabbed me. I can imagine that I'll continue to watch it because it fills that dead hour between HOUSE and THE SHIELD. I know most of the planet is swinging from JJ Abrahams' nuts, but I'm not one of those people. Most of the best stuff that has his name on it is really run by other people (LOST) or are things that he did have a heavy hand in that turned into a gigantic mess after showing promise (ALIAS, which started with a brilliant premise of a spy finding out she doesn't really work for the CIA, but instead works for a terrorist organization. Then that turned into some goofy hunt for ancient inventions). Anyway, I'll keep watching because it's filler and I hope it improves.
Another show I'm not totally sold on yet is SONS OF ANARCHY. I've been watching it because of its creator being one of the main writers from THE SHIELD, but it hasn't really made me a fan yet. I'm giving it another episode or two and if it hasn't hooked me by then I'm just bailing on it. At the moment that's all I watch on Wednesdays, so that can become a DVD night or a "do something besides sit in front of a TV"night.
I've lost interest in MAD MEN. These days I just skim through the episodes looking for highlights. I enjoyed the first season, but maybe that was more about seeing men act like men (something that has been forgotten in the modern age) and the 60s setting of the show. (Well, that stuff and Christina Hendricks too.) This season the sluggish pacing has just killed my interest in the show.
Aside from watching TV and movies, I'm as boring as ever.
It's that time of the year where I grow a beard for a month or two. (Then subsequently get sick of it and shave it off, but that's the next stage.) Usually that doesn't happen until late October or November, but I'm getting a headstart this year. I don't understand this compulsion. I just do it.
I've been replaying some PC games to pass the time. CALL OF DUTY 4, both RAINBOW SIX VEGAS games, and currently HALF-LIFE 2 EPISODE 2. I wish there was a decent FPS coming out between now and November. Looks like I'm stuck waiting for LEFT 4 DEAD, which comes out the same day as GRAND THEFT AUTO IV PC.
Another show I'm not totally sold on yet is SONS OF ANARCHY. I've been watching it because of its creator being one of the main writers from THE SHIELD, but it hasn't really made me a fan yet. I'm giving it another episode or two and if it hasn't hooked me by then I'm just bailing on it. At the moment that's all I watch on Wednesdays, so that can become a DVD night or a "do something besides sit in front of a TV"night.
I've lost interest in MAD MEN. These days I just skim through the episodes looking for highlights. I enjoyed the first season, but maybe that was more about seeing men act like men (something that has been forgotten in the modern age) and the 60s setting of the show. (Well, that stuff and Christina Hendricks too.) This season the sluggish pacing has just killed my interest in the show.
Aside from watching TV and movies, I'm as boring as ever.
It's that time of the year where I grow a beard for a month or two. (Then subsequently get sick of it and shave it off, but that's the next stage.) Usually that doesn't happen until late October or November, but I'm getting a headstart this year. I don't understand this compulsion. I just do it.
I've been replaying some PC games to pass the time. CALL OF DUTY 4, both RAINBOW SIX VEGAS games, and currently HALF-LIFE 2 EPISODE 2. I wish there was a decent FPS coming out between now and November. Looks like I'm stuck waiting for LEFT 4 DEAD, which comes out the same day as GRAND THEFT AUTO IV PC.
4 comments:
I'm surprised you're not liking this season of Mad Men. I've enjoyed it quite a bit, especially the latest episode. I was shocked when Betty told Don not to come home...
I want to like fringe, i really do, but christ the story last night was so hokey they make the worst x-files seem plausible.
That being said, i'll keep watching because of how much I enjoy watching Denethor playing Dr. Frankenstein with his best Vincent Price impression on.
I can't stay awake when I attempt to watch MAD MEN this season.
I'm all up on the nuts
Post a Comment