Friday, July 11, 2008

Links For 7-11-2008

I'm sick of hearing about the new iPhone. It's just an electronic gadget for crying out loud. Yeah, it's a neat piece of electronics and I wouldn't object to owning one, but people are carrying on like they just discovered a cure for cancer or something.

The douchiest phone message in history. There's confidence, and then there's psychotic-sounding narcissism. Sounds like this guy is doing a great job weeding himself out of the gene pool. Let's all be thankful for that.

TV writer Ken Levine takes a swipe at pop-up ads on television. I couldn't have said it better myself. Plus I would've written "fuck" multiple times while attempting to say it.

Cops: Number’s up for attacker. Accused rapist gave victim his phone info. It's a wonder that they ever caught this criminal mastermind.

Ernie Hudson's role reduced in original GHOSTBUSTERS. Well, let's face it, back when the movie came out the other three guys were much more famous. So it makes sense they got more screentime.

Japanese gov't says no (again) to an iPod tax. Better internet, and they don't cave to the recording industry over there?

MAX PAYNE movie trailer. The trailer doesn't look too bad, but I've still got my expectations set on "low".

Is "black hole" a racially insensitive term? Are there really people that oversensitive and overly politically correct?

Bush signs spy bill, ACLU sues. Meanwhile, is this the best homeland security can do in defending laptop searches at the border? I remember when I used to live in America. (No, I didn't move to another country.)

8 finger tapping technique to play the Mario. The 8-finger stuff is great for clean tone counter-point things like this. It doesn't work so well with distorted tones so much.

How not to use the drive through ATM. These sort of things need to happen more often. The more stupid people that kill themselves the better the planet will be.

Larry David primed for more "Curb". I always think each season is going to be the last.

Viacom denies it wants YouTube data. Then why did they go to the courts to get it?

G8 pushes Anti-Piracy Trade Agreement. Say goodbye to internet freedom and privacy if (really when) this goes through. It was a nice ride while it lasted.

I think it's funny that the media and software companies want the ISPs to crack down on copyright infringers. I worked for an ISP. Most people in that line of work trade files with each other. You'll never find a better place to get free software, movies, and music. Everything that came out got passed around like a drunk porn actress at a gangbang. In fact, the local ISP that I started with, before it got bought out by a bigger corporation, used to use a cracked version of SecureCRT on all of the machines in the building. On top of that, I recall one of the sys admins ran a private warez site. I doubt things have changed very much in that world over the last few years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment